1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 4:58 AM by robdillon

How do I get the audio level chart from the library into view along the audio timeline?

akgorg

The images for animation load okay.  The sound loads okay.  But the animation images need to be inserted in coordination with the sounds, which is difficult using only the ears  There is a visual graph of audio levels in the library window, which I have seen appear in the timeline also but only momentarily.  I do not know how to keep the audio graph on the timeline so as to know where to put the images.  I can keep the graph open on the little library window when it is open but not on the timeline.  Please advise how to keep the graph open on the audio track while I work on the image tracks.

Thank you very much.

Alan Gorg.

alankentgorg@yahoo.com

• 1. Re: How do I get the audio level chart from the library into view along the audio timeline?
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

Add a new layer to the timeline. Select the keyframe at the first frame of this new layer, in the Properties window, select the sound file that you want to use. The waveform view of the sound will show up in this layer. Extend the layer if needed. Be aware that the playback of the movie in authoring mode will NOT give you an accurate representation of where the playback head is on the timeline. The playback head will lag well behind the actual frame that is being displayed. You will need to use Test Movie to get an accurate playback metric.