• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems creating printed documentation in RoboHelp 7

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded and installed the RoboHelp 7 trial and am evaluating it before my company buys it. Until now, we've used RoboHelp X5 to generate WebHelp and .pdfs; however, in the latter format, none of the hyperlinks ever worked, so we're eager to upgrade. I have a Vista machine and Office 2007. I'm having a few issues with the RoboHelp 7 printed documentation feature.
Problem: In RoboHelp 7 I can create a new project with new topics and both WebHelp and .pdfs are fine, with all links working. However, when I import HTML files from my existing X5 project, the WebHelp is fine, but the program crashes when I try to create a .pdf. When I open it again, and try to configure the print settings, it says there is another program using the printed documentation.doc file, so it won't let me adjust settings. Even though I don't see Word running, it's shown in the Task Manager and only when I end the process can I reopen RoboHelp and try to create a new printed doc.
I've narrowed it down to an issue with stylesheets. All the imported HTML files used a custom stylesheet (which is also imported into the new project). I've tried adding the custom stylesheet to the baggage folder, but this doesn't help. When I remove the link to this custom sheet and associate all imported files with the RoboHelp 7 default.css, I can generate both WebHelp and .pdfs without issue for both new and imported topics.
Question: Does anybody know how can I import files from projects created in X5, maintain their custom styles, and generate .pdfs in RoboHelp 7? If possible, I'd rather not create a new .css all over again.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have seen a problem where if you select to generate a PDF direct from RH7, it crashes. I see it on one machine and not on another with the same project.

The cause is being investigated.

Meantime, generate a Word document and PDF it from there. That should work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your reply. I'll give that a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp