1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 7:44 AM by Captiv8r

RoboHelp x 5.0.2 and Captivate 2.0

Poulaphouca
      When RoboHelp and RoboDemo were around, it was simple to insert a demo into an HTML topic. I don't know what the problem is, but I cannot get this to work now. I can get as far as inserting and even previewing Captivate 2.0 demos in RoboHelp--after about five insertion efforts, but when I compile, the demo doesn't work.

I have concluded that RoboHelp 5.0.2 doesn't support Captivate 2.0 flash output...has anyone had the same problem or know how to resolve this.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: RoboHelp x 5.0.2 and Captivate 2.0
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community,

See if the following links help:
          Link one
          Link two

Also, you might be careful about using spaces in your file names with Captivate. It has come to light since I published those articles that Captivate merrily allows spaces. If you have the option to replace spaces with underscores (which in RoboHelp is a best practice) it could wreak havoc with your Captivate working after you insert it.

Hopefully this helps. Captivate in RoboHelp is actually pretty slick. I'm preparing a tutorial on how to create "One slide wonders" using Captivate. Soon as it's done, it will be available for purchase at GooberGuides.com

Cheers... Rick