0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2009 11:40 PM by sy_ascafe

addEventListener does not work anymore after re-creation of element of same id?

sy_ascafe

My script works as follow (simplified), and the addEventListener does not work after re-create of element of same id.

Am I making any mistake and so cause it failure to work?

( I have repeated declare var el here, please just ignore it )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

// creating a div container

var el = document.createElement('div');

el.id = 'div1';

document.body.appendChild(el);

// then a childnode

el.id = 'div1_1';

document.getElementById('div1').appendChild(el);

document.getElementById('div1_1').addEventListener('click', eventHandler, true); // works fine

// then try a remove event test

document.getElementById('div1_1').removeEventListener('click', eventHandler, false);

document.getElementById('div1_1').addEventListener('click', eventHandler, true); // fine, eventHandler run once only

// remove event test works fine

// and sometimes I need to remove all the nodes and event, and create the element with same id and attach event again

var el = document.getElementById('div1_1');

el.removeEventListener('click', eventHandler, false); // by referring the test above,  it should be work fine ...

air.trace(document.getElementById('div1').childNodes.length)  // output 1 (no child nodes under div1_1)

el.parentNode.removeChild(el);

air.trace(document.getElementById('div1').childNodes.length) // output 0. ok, all nodes removed

// create a childnode again

el.id = 'div1_1';

document.getElementById('div1').appendChild(el);

air.trace(document.getElementById('div1').childNodes.length)  // fine, output 1, html also display correctly

document.getElementById('div1_1').addEventListener('click', eventHandler, true); // but nothing happened here