Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt HTML tables

Jul 17, 2008 Jul 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Robohelp, and I'm having a problem with importing existing HTML files. Tables are corrupted, with all of the table content being listed, followed by the table structure itself. Has anyone else seen this, and what am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Malc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Hi,

Yes that was it. My fault I'm afraid - I wrote the original docs using non W3C compliant HTML. Firefox & IE handle it, but it doesn't translate well in Robohelp.
Thanks very much for your help.

Malc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi malcw53 and welcome to the RH forums.

If you open the HTML files outside of RH, do the tables display correctly? If so, are you just using the File > Import > HTML Files menu item and selecting the required files? Also are you referring to the WYSIWYG or the resulting output? It would also be useful if you could tell us what output type you are generating and the version of RH you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,
Thanks for the quick response. I'm using the 'Import HTML' function in Robohelp 7 HTML. I've had a look and the resultant HTML doesn't display correctly outside the application. I've attached code showing original code prior to the import, and how it looks after. Cutting and pasting from the original document into the HTML code within Robohelp solves the problem, but some of these documents are big, with many such tables.

Thanks,

Malc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

Yes that was it. My fault I'm afraid - I wrote the original docs using non W3C compliant HTML. Firefox & IE handle it, but it doesn't translate well in Robohelp.
Thanks very much for your help.

Malc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the <td /> tags are the issue here. I don't know what was used to produce the HTML pages you have but you may want to try a test and remove the " /" so that the tag is just <td> and </td>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp