3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 4:05 AM by jake_flex

Braces { } in blue bold possible?

timo888

My new glasses don't have as ideal a focal distance for computer work as my prior pair did, and I'm finding it a little hard to distinguish parenthesis from brace. Until I get a new pair of glasses, is it possible to have { } automatically appear in blue bold in the Flex Builder source code editor?

if (visible) {

}

Thanks

• 1. Re: Braces { } in blue bold possible?
          injpix Level 3

Yes, you can.   In FlashBuilder goto:

Window>Preferences>FlashBuilder>Editors>Syntax Coloring>ActionScript>Bracket/Brace

When you are there, you can tick the appropriate checkbox and select color.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Braces { } in blue bold possible?
            timo888 Level 1

Thanks for the tip.

Although I was hoping to apply the styles to { } only, whatever gets applied to { } also gets applied to ( ). Still, bolding them both makes them both a little easier to see, and I've found a different font where {} and () are much easier to tell apart than they are in Courier.

• 3. Re: Braces { } in blue bold possible?
              jake_flex Level 2

A bit of topic, but still related to braces/parenthesis in Flex Builder.

How come the matching parenthesis is not highlighted in Flex Builder? In the preferences, there's an option called 'Highlight matching braces'. That only mathes the { } characters.

For Java editor, there's an option called 'Highlight matching brackets', which matches all, {}, (), [] and <>.