20 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2009 7:29 AM by Steve Grisetti

Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0

subysti

Every time I try to import any files from my camcorder I get a fatal error saying it can't import anything with an error code C0000005 at address 0.  This is just the trial version as I'm trying to see if it will do what I want and so far I can't get it to so anything.  PC is a Core I5 with 4gb ram and 200gb free drive space on Windows 7 64Bit.  I don't like the Sony software so I was hoping this would do it.  thanks for any ideas.

• 1. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
          A.T. Romano Level 7

sybysti

What model Sony are you working with?

Are you trying to get your AVCHD into Premiere Elements 8 via Get Media/"AVCHD or other hard disk/memory camcorder" (USB)? Have you tried to transfer your AVCHD to your computer hard drive and from there into Premiere Elements 8 via its Get Media/Files and Folders.

What project preset have you selected in the Premiere Elements 8 new project dialog? Please check that out and make sure that it is set correctly for the source media.

I would understand that you would prefer the first route, but why not make sure it works the Get Media/Files and Folders way first?

ATR

• 2. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
            subysti Level 1

I'm using a Sony HDR-SR11 camcorder.  Yes I am using the  import AVCHD media from camcorder or other hard drive.  I will try the other route oftransferrring to the HD via the sony software and see if that works.  The odd part is that when I get the error it says elements needs to close but it never does.  Thanks for the help.

• 3. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
              subysti Level 1

Any ideas as to why I can't import directly from the camcorder?  The camcorder briefly shows up when I use this option but within a few seconds the errors shows up and the import screen closes.

• 4. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you import it into a Vegas project?

That would be my first troubleshooting step -- to see if the problem is unique to Premiere Elements.

• 5. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                  sundeep yadav Level 1

Hey,

Just a small idea for you.

are you capturing the videos and if yes are you able to capture and then you getting the error or what.

Bye

take care.

• 6. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                    subysti Level 1

Steve, yes I can import in to Vegas but I can't get a real good output that the Sony DVD Architech software will use.  Go figure that one Sony product doesn't work well with the other.  The Sony software requires you to use vegas to import and create your movie clips and then export them to DVD architech.  The problem is when I export it to the DVD program the only output it recognizes is low res grainy output types.

Sundeep, I am using the import media from and AVCHD camcorder or other hard drive device option.  When I click on that option the import screen shows up for a few seconds, just enough to start seeing the video clips, then I get the fatal error and it says premier needs to close, but it never closes the program just the import screen,

• 7. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0

For what it's worth, ANY software that goes from AVCHD to DVD is going to produce a final output that is grainy and much resolution than the original.

After all, a DVD has less than 1/4 the resolution of hi-def AVCHD!

• 8. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                        subysti Level 1

I understand that it wont be HD but it is not clear at all and choppy.  Any ideas as to what settings I should use such as file type and settings for res to get a good quality output to put on DVD.  DVD movies are clear so I should be able to at least match that.

• 9. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0

Well, it should work as well as it can doing just what you're doing. Most reports are that the program down-rezzes very well.

You can also bring your AVCHD into a project set for AVCHD and export it as a standard-resolution DV-AVI -- then open a new standard DV project and finish your editing and output your DVD from there.

You may get slightly better results. But, as I said, remember that DVDs are less than 1/4 the resolution of hi-definition video so, if you compare one to the other, DVD is going to look like a big step down.

But your DVD probably looks better than you're giving it credit. Especially if you're judging the quality while playing it on a TV. (Never judge a DVDs quality by how it looks played on your computer. Your computer monitor plays at a much, much higher resolution than your TV, so ANY standard DVD is going to look fuzzier on a computer.)

• 10. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                            the_wine_snob Level 9
                            I can import in to Vegas but I can't get a real good output that the Sony DVD Architech software will use.  Go figure that one Sony product doesn't work well with the other.  The Sony software requires you to use vegas to import and create your movie clips and then export them to DVD architech.  The problem is when I export it to the DVD program the only output it recognizes is low res grainy output types.

This sounds like you are Importing AVCHD (or some variant) into an HD Project, and then trying to down-rez it to and SD DVD-Video Project for DVD Architect. Is this correct?

If so, you WILL loose resolution, as you are starting with probably 1920 x 1080 material and going down to 720 x 480. The latter is the DVD-Video spec.

Now, if you want to keep the high-rez (HD) material, you need to go to a BD (Blu-ray Disc) Project, or do a workaround to burn an HD/BD Project to DVD-Video disc.

Please define exactly what you are attempting to do.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                              subysti Level 1

What Im trying to do is simply create a DVD from my HD camcorder.  I understand that I will lose res going to a standard DVD.  Right now I cannot import from my camcorder directly to the Premiere program becaue it crashes.  I will try to move to the HD on the computer and try from there.  When I use other programs the video I get seems very grainy and choppy and the Sony Vegas program doesn't seem to have the codecs to output what I want.  What does everyone suggest that I use as an output file type to get a good quality DVD video?

• 12. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

subysti

This is what I want you to try. I am assuming that you are in a NTSC area. Correct the following for PAL area if necessary.

Copy your AVCHD Full 1920 x 1080i (I am assuming recorded at 30 frames per second or designated 60 fields per second) with its 5.1 channel sound to your computer hard drive.

As you open Premiere Elements, set the project preset (new project dialog) = NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30 5.1 channel.

Using Premiere Elements' Get Media/Files and Folders, bring the video from the saved hard drive location into the Premiere Elements Media/Timeline.

If you are not 100% sure of the quality in the Edit Mode Monitor, you could:

a. try right clicking the video on the Timeline, selecting Field Options from the pop up list, and then see if checking Reverse Field Dominance improves the quality of what you are seeing in the Monitor....I suggest that because I think that you probably recording to a memory stick.

b. render the Timeline by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard to get the best possible preview of the end product

Assuming that is a "go" and after completing your edits, head over to Create Menus. Do that. But, remember, because you have selected a HD project preset, the only DVD menu templates that will be available to you will be HD ones (and you are heading for a DVD-VIDEO widescreen). But, continue nonetheless. Let us see what it will look like.

After Create Menus, preview the menu buttons and the video there. If OK, continue to Share/Disc/Disc and burn to disc (do not get tempted into burn to folder or fall into ImgBurn just yet). In the burn dialog, set the preset for NTSC_Widescreen Dolby DVD that will give you DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9. In that same burn dialog, make sure that you have a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space. When you have your DVD disc in the DVD burner tray, you will see a Quality area in the burn dialog. It will display values for Space Required and Bitrate. If the Bitrate is less than 8, the quality may be impacted because the program is having a problem fitting your content in the space required.  But, keep moving forward and hit Burn.

Next, play that back on your TV DVD player and see what that looks like. I have gotten some pretty great results taking a AVCHD 1920 x 1080 to DVD-VIDEO 720 x 480 Widescreen playback on TV DVD Player. More details on that later. By the way, Premiere Elements does not offer Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound for the export, just Dolby Digital Stereo. No Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound even for BluRay.

I will be watching to see how you do.

ATR

• 13. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                                  jobbillings

I have a Sony HD AVCHD HDR-SR11. Why do I constantly  get an Error code: c000005 Address: a,  or Error code: c0000006 Address:62fee019, when I try to download from the Camcorder?

• 14. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0

jobbilings, have you read the rest of this thread?

• 16. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                                      subysti Level 1

I still get that error when trying to import directly from the camcorder.  I use the sony software to transfer the files to my computer first then import them.  I still don't seem to get very good quality DVD's though.  Video doesn't look very good for HD vids.  I know its not HD DVD's I'm making but the video quality looks the same as 8mm tapes I've imported through a composite usb capture device.

• 17. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE might be of help with HD to SD output.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 18. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Everyone said that you were a man of few words, but I see none.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0
                                            subysti Level 1

thanks snob for all the info.  I read the article and it seems that I'm better off recording in standard definition.  Do you know if it will make it easier if I record in a lower resolution even though it will still be in AVCHD?

• 20. Re: Can't import AVCHD from camcorder  Error C0000005 at address:0

AVCHD is still AVCHD, even if you record it at a lower quality, suby. It still takes a whopping amount of computer power to edit it.