2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2008 7:12 AM by phpjedi

Switch Chart Types???

phpjedi
      I was wondering if anyone has been able to switch chart types?? I have an app that uses Tab Navigation for different charts. Currently they are all bar charts but I want to give the user the option of clicking a button to switch to Line charts or datagrid.

I cant find any good tutorials on how to do this. I tried to use a viewstack and it gives me a bunch of errors

Any ideas or links would be great

Thx,
      Eric
        • 1. Re: Switch Chart Types???
          Level 7

"phpjedi" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g662cu$kjg$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I was wondering if anyone has been able to switch chart types?? I have an
          >app
          > that uses Tab Navigation for different charts. Currently they are all bar
          > charts but I want to give the user the option of clicking a button to
          > switch to
          > Line charts or datagrid.
          >
          > I cant find any good tutorials on how to do this. I tried to use a
          > viewstack
          > and it gives me a bunch of errors

You're probably trying to reference the charts before they are created (see
          creationPolicy). Try using data binding to pull from the chart end instead
          of pushing from the main app. Or you could run your instantiation code
          after the viewstack goes to the other page.

HTH;

Amy

• 2. Re: Switch Chart Types???
            phpjedi Level 1
            First off thanks for your response Amy!

I think I am just cheating a bit but here is how I accomplished it along with creationPolicy="all" I made all the charts Cartesian then added the LineSeries as visible=false on all. Im sure there has to be a better way but im new to Flex and love it.