1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 6:21 AM by David_F57

Drag/drop & maximize Panels within a Tile

lathoudero Level 1

Hi Guys,

I've had a look at WASI's Dashboard, and I would like to create a much simpeler version in Flex 4.

The begin is simple: Create a mx:Tile, dump a couple of s:Panels, everything's alligned properly. Looks good.

I'm confused in the next steps:

1. How to make the Panels 'movable'? Like: Drag the first s:Panel, and drop it as last.
      2. How to make the Panels 'Maximizable' without pushing the other object away? I can edit the PanelSkin, ad a maximize button, but just changing size isn't enough... somehow this panel should be "lifted out" first before resizing. But how?

Can someone give me any pointers?

• 1. Re: Drag/drop & maximize Panels within a Tile
          David_F57 Level 5

When you say Tile do you mean a tilelist ? as Tilelist allows you to drag items around.

To Maximise over the tilelist without touching the tile arrangement one approach would be to have a canvas with 1 child panel(maxpanel) that is not displayed.

maxpanel.top=maxpanel.left=maxpanel.right=maxpanel.bottom=0;

on maximize a tiled panel

maxpanel = mytilepanel;

mymaxcanvas.addchild(mytilepanel);

on minimize

mymaxpanel.removeChild(maxpanel);

well thats just off the top of my head.

I have some old code somewhere I did to drag tiles around whilst maintaining their original index positions which was good to do a reset, so i'll see if I can find it and put it up for you.

David.