4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2009 7:15 AM by Jim_Simon

Exporting to FLV from Premiere

egrogg011

Hello,

I have PPOCS4 and I have a short 4 min clip.  I have tried to export the movie to flv several times...and I can't get the movie to play back when I use the FMS3 server.  If I use progessive, all is OK.  If I convert using Sorenson, all is fine?  Why is that?  What could I be doing wrong?

I have used the presets in the system also.

• 1. Re: Exporting to FLV from Premiere
          Jim_Simon Level 8
          If I use progessive, all is OK.

So why not do that?

• 2. Re: Exporting to FLV from Premiere
            egrogg011 Level 1

I see what you are saying...yes that does work, and i could do that, but my family from the Ukraine does not have high speed internet.  I have a home page that I developed to help keep them up to date of family affairs.

Video through FMS 3.5 is a good option since I don't need a full blown option where a lot of visitors will be coming.

Progessive is just too slow for them and emailing would be better than the progressive download...

there just has to be something that I am doing wrong to get the file to play on FMS...

Anyone with perhaps some settings that they use that they know works...I would like to try that.

Anyone?

• 3. Re: Exporting to FLV from Premiere
              holografer

I presume you are using the FLVPlayback component in your Flash file.  Is your contentPath in the Component Inspector pointing to the correct folder where you're storing the FLV files when using the RTMP:// protocol?  Is your FLV storage area folder hierarchy setup correctly?

• 4. Re: Exporting to FLV from Premiere
                Jim_Simon Level 8

Progessive is just too slow for them

Well, your other option, streaming, will be worse for limited bandwidth viewers.  With a progressive download, at least the media can buffer for smooth playback.