• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too Many Slides

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I used Captivate, but when i had the older version I was able to simulate the application screen by screen and each screen was a slide.  Now I've been "upgraded" to Captivate 3 and I now have several slides for each screen.  Using the tab key, the space bar or mouse to move from one field to another creates a new slide.  What can I do to prevent this & why is this a problem in an upgrade!  Any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure what the issue is here. You don't like the fact a screen is captured with each mouse click?

You always have the option of configuring Manual mode. In that mode Captivate will automatically capture the first slide, but every one after that you are on your own and must press the Print Screen key (or whatever key you assigned) to coax a capture.

Further note that even if automatically recording slides you are able to press the Print Screen key at any time to coax Captivate into capturing the screen.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I guess I didn't do a good job explaining what the issue is.  Captivate 3 creates a new slide whenever I use the tab key or the space bar.  I am trying to create a demo of an online form, so I'm recording keystrokes, however, everytime I type into a form field captivate creates a separate slide for each word that I type when I use the space bar or when I tab to move to a different field.  This did not use to happen before, Captivate used to capture the entire screen even when I tab to a different field or type a long sentence in a field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps my memory is getting used and fuzzy, but it tells me that using automatic recording always resulted in slide captures whenever something changed during capture such as clicking, pressing a key, typing in text. You do not have to worry a lot about the memory taken up, because I've the feeling that only changed things are stored (Rick? Hope I'm right).

Rick gave you almost the same suggestions as I did (apparently we were typing at the same time, on different continents). Did you preview the movie and is the result not what you want? You can change from automatic recording to manual recording and press PrintScreen when you want a capture to be made. Since you are capturing in demonstration mode, all those slides are normally captured because on each slide (default settings) you will get the proper Text Caption added.

It is perhaps a terminology problem, but I'm a bit bewildered by your sentence 'capture the entire screen'. What do you mean? Is CP3 not capturing the entire screen? I could be wrong but seem to remember that CP3 did not have any automatic panning (new feature in CP4).

Hope you can explain your concerns about 'too many slides', please try to view the result

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is the way CP has always worked (use it since CP1). Perhaps in the older version you were using the manual capturing, which can still be used. Then you will control each slide to be captured by using PrintScreen on your keyboard? And now your capture has been made automatically, each time something changes on the screen a new slide will be created. Did you try to preview your movie? Was the result not what you wanted? If so, please explain somehow more in detail what you want.

Lilybiri

LOL, Rick, we were typing (pretty much the same message) at the same time. Telepathy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mefua,

as per your problem:

"Using the tab key, the space bar or mouse to move from one field to another creates a new slide.  What can I do to prevent this & why is this a problem in an upgrade!  Any help is much appreciated."

According to my understanding you do not want a new slide to be generated on keypresses. Launch the preferences dialog(Edit -> preferences), go to Recording and uncheck the "Record keystrokes" check box.

Alternatively, you could also use Manual mode, where in Captivate generates slides on your will.

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources