0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2009 1:49 PM by P.o.l.a.c.o

How to set Flex RSL relative path as FlashVars

P.o.l.a.c.o Level 1

I needed to set the flex framework libraries as RSL. The problem is that the relative path to them was requiered to be passed with FlashVars.

As far as I have read Flex Builder 3 does not support this. But I have find sort of a "hack" to it.

Suppouse you have configured a file as RSL. For instance flex.swf as RSL.
      All you have to do is to edit the .actionScriptProperties entry of this file that look something like this.

<libraryPathEntry kind="3" linkType="4" path="${PROJECT_FRAMEWORKS}/libs/flex.swc" useDefaultLinkType="true">
      <crossDomainRsls>
      <crossDomainRslEntry autoExtract="true" policyFileUrl="" rslUrl="/afixedpath/flex.swf"/>
      </crossDomainRsls>
      </libraryPathEntry>

By changing the path to look like this:
      rslUrl="&quot;+LoaderInfo(this.root.loaderInfo).parameters['rslsPath']+&quot;/flex.swf"

then save the file, now you can pass the relative path in a flashVar named "rslsPath" for instance you could set something like
      FlashVars="rslsPath=/flash/rsl/flex"

The bad thing of this is that if you want to edit again this path from the flex builder project properties panel an error is displayed, coz it loads the &quot; as a " character. (If this validation wasn't done all this hack would be unecesary I guess.)

So any changes to the libs will have to be done manually in the .actionScriptProperties project's file.

Anyway I think could be a way in projects with this requirement. Unless somebody could tell me an easier way to set the path via Flashvars.

greetings