14 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 4:26 PM by Schilfers

When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8

EWulf Level 1

Fortunately my Premiere Elements 4 works fine on my quad core Intel processor computer with 8 gig of memory running Windows 7.

I'm sorry I can't say the same for Version 8. I upgraded for a wedding video I am doing for a friend thinking that the newer version must be faster, better and work better on the newer operating system. It has crashed importing video, editing video, rendering video (must be more than 20-30 times and I haven't even gotten to titles, effects and exporting) and it is so slow it is embarrassing. I turned off background rendering and auto analyzer hoping it would at least work, but no it just keeps crashing and is worthless. I have purchased thousands of dollars of Adobe software (mostly Photoshop and Lightroom for my photography) and this is the worst software I have ever gotten from them. What has happened to Adobe?

Fortunately I can use Premiere Elements 4 for this project (already a week behind schedule), but when is Adobe going to release a working build of Version 8?

• 1. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since this is a user group, not Adobe support, nobody here knows Adobe's future plans

If you want to provide DETAILS of your computer and what you are doing, go to

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

In the meantime, This is aimed a Premiere Pro, but may help
          First, work through all of the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
          If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link

• 2. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
            nealeh Level 5

Only us users here. Log a fault with Adobe by clicking the logo top left and from the Adobe homepage select the support functions.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
              sholmlund Level 1

I can echo your sentiments. Took a quick look at PrE8 but had to fall back to PrE4 to get my project done.

If I have time after completion, I hope to try to narrow down the problems I'm having with PrE8.

Steve

• 4. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                All others are taken

I loaded the trial version of Pre E 8 on my Windows 7 x64 box and have had multiple locks ups (not repsonding) that never end. For me they have been while working with titles. I don't know that it is specific to titles or only coincedental. Not making me want to shell out money to buy the product though.

Steve

• 5. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Welcome to the forum.

For me they have been while working with titles. I don't know that it is specific to titles or only coincedental.

Titler, in all flavors of Premiere (PrE & PrPro), is very sensitive to issues with fonts - much more so than any other Adobe programs.

Take a look at this ARTICLE and see if anything helps you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                    All others are taken Level 1

Hunt,

Thanks for the link to your post on fonts and the 'touchiness' of Titler with fonts. In my case PrE is installed on a clean install of Windows 7 x64, the only other programs installed, besides the OS and latest drivers, is Firefox and PrE 8 trial edition, so I doubt it is a font problem. The lock ups didn't actually happen in Titler as I recall, but when trying to move or place a title on the time line, triming it or applying a fade out to it. One other problem I had was not being able to produce an out put with audio. Audio was fine while editing. When rendering I ensured that the audio output box was checked, but any of the NTSC outputs to Meg did not include audio. At this point I'm investigating Pinnacle/Avid, I really hoped PrE would fit the bill, but apparently not.

Steve

• 7. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                      Letmethink Level 1

If you share more info in this regards, we can solve this issue. It looks like some video codec or format not working properly with Adobe Premiere Elements 8.  You can try this:

- Save as project (PRE4) to PRE8 and then edit it.

- All your file on internal hard drive if possible.

- If system has GPU card, update driver

- Depend on media (DV, HDV), select same kind of project setting preset.

- Have ample space in C drive and fast RAM (2GB fine)

• 8. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                        Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you serious, Letmethink? You'd work on a C drive with 2 gigabytes of free space?

I'm definitely with you to that point. But 2 gig of free space? I don't think you can even open the program with that, let alone do any editing!

If I get down to less than 20 gigs free on my C drive (even though all my project and video files are on a second hard drive) I have trouble running the program. And I'm on XP!

• 9. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                          EWulf Level 1

I updated my video and other hardware drivers and moved my files to my C: drive. I was able to capture and do some editing without any more crashes. I even turned on background video rendering and it still works. That may have been the problem. I will try editing with an external hard drive as that was what I did with PE4. I prefer not to gum up my main hard drive with video files. Thanks for your help, I'll see if this are OK now.

• 10. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                            Schilfers Level 1

Elements 8 under Windows 7 32 and 64bit

Clean installation of Windows 7 and PE8 on 1 PC Dell Dualcore 4gb ram (W7/64) and 1 PC Quadcore 6600 4GB ram (W7/64 and W7/32) so on 2 different PC which means three different W7 and PE8. Results the same for all three!!! Impossible to work with.

Crashes all the time.

I have read on the forum that i am surely not the only one.

I also read that Adobe even didn't test this product on W7. Are you serious???

Finnaly finished the project which I started in P E 7 without any problem, and continued afterwards in a clean installation with Windows 7 and PE8, but cannot render it now to a DVD or AVI.

Only solution I have now is to go to somebody with a Pr Pro CS4 to import it there and make AVI from it.

Problem is that a lot of transistions are not included then!

To much troubles and job for this prebeta working misfit for which I regret already much the investment..

No help despite numerous crash reports. Shame on Adobe !!

Other

Microsoft IE

Nvidia Geforce 8600

Nvidia Geforce 8600

Camcorder

No

Not Applicable

Yes

No

• 11. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                              nealeh Level 5

I think he was saying:

• ample disk space, not defined.  I go for at leat 50Gb contiguous disk space as part of my workflow is to bring in analog video via Magix Movies on DVD. These files can be 10Gb plus.
                              • fast RAM - min 2Gb free

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale
                              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 12. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                                Schilfers Level 1

I have imported the PE8 project in to Premiere Pro CS4 and replaced the missing transistions by others.

Then rendered the new project to a AVI-file and then imported it back to PE8 to make the DVD without losing my original menu and chapter marks.

Until now, NO REACTION at all from Adobe. Not only do we have to pay more in Belgium (Europe) 100 € (135$), but we have to communicate in English and even don't recieve any answers!!! You have paid, so go to ...

I wonder why I paid this PE8 misfit, I could have downloaded it from where ever. But there is the service they promiss you if you play it legaly.

I don't want to return to XP or Vista, since Windows 7 is really worth it's money. I have until now, only one program who didn't survive the change and it's the program I am supposed to use the most!! With PE7 under Vista, I had never problems with DV, only sometimes crashes with HDV, but THIS !!

Why I changed? Because once I loaded a project in Windows 7 64 , in one PC it minimized and din't want to open anymore, and in the other it opened but gave immidiatly a error message and closed. So I bought PE8 because i had full convidence that it would solve the problem with Windows 7.

A very unhappy user

• 13. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                                  chaosdsmFL Level 1

If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you can simply run Premier Elements 8 in Windows XP mode(not included in any "home" verison of Windows 7), though it will take several minutes to open PrE8 the first time you try Windows XP mode.

• 14. Re: When will Adobe Release a Working version of Elements 8
                                    Schilfers Level 1

I did that already but didn't help.

Anyhow I will make a Subject now to see if I can get more answers.

Thanks anyhow