7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 10:44 AM by Sean_Wilson

Games?

tchris86

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this so please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to develop a pretty complex facebook application game. I was wondering how you would go about this? Someone told me adobe director would be great. Any idea on what farmville was made with?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Games?
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
          I'm trying to develop a pretty complex facebook application game. I was wondering how you would go about this?

Sorry, but that's way too vague to be able to sensibly answer. Firstly, come up with an idea; then look for applications/technologies that can readily develop it; then either learn them yourself or seek 3rd party help. Since you're here, you might be at part 2 or 3 of this process - whether Director is appropriate depends on the details of your game plan.

Any idea on what farmville was made with?

URL? Obviously you know what you're talking about, but I have no idea...

A simple option is to load the page yourself and then examine the HTML for object/embed tags or JS that will help determine which plugin is involved.

• 2. Re: Games?
            steiljes1

I'm interested in knowing this too actually. How hard is it to learn flex and start making a game like farmville?

here's the link http://apps.facebook.com/onthefarm/index.php?ref=tab

• 3. Re: Games?
              Chunick Level 3

I'm guessing most Facebook games are built in Flash... don't know how Flex would be involved because I've never worked with Flex before... btw, you do realize that this is a forum about Adobe Director, right?

• 4. Re: Games?
                steiljes1 Level 1

Sorry, I'ms till new to these forums. For some reason I'm getting

notifications from forums that I havent subsribed to.

thanks

• 5. Re: Games?
                  greek_dude247

Have you made games before using tools like Flash or Game Maker?

• 6. Re: Games?
                    tchris86 Level 1

Thanks for all the input. I guess I'm trying to figure out the program I need to use in order to create a complex flash game. Is adobe director not the program to use? What would I use?

Thanks again!

• 7. Re: Games?
                      Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
                      I guess I'm trying to figure out the program I need to use in order to create a complex flash game.

If you want to create a flash game then you should use Flash, or Flex