5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2009 11:19 PM by Anthony Abegglen

Is there a way to get a PPRO CS4 project into ADPE8

Anthony Abegglen Level 1

To the clever users of ADPE8 is there away to open / transfer / edit a CS4 project in ADPE8.....? Instead of exporting the final to a DV or other file format.

Thanks

Gavin

• 1. Re: Is there a way to get a PPRO CS4 project into ADPE8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Unfortunately, no, there is not.

• 2. Re: Is there a way to get a PPRO CS4 project into ADPE8
            the_wine_snob Level 9

As Steve says, Premiere will not go in that direction. Now, with the exception of things like Themes and Instant Movies, PrE Projects will often Open fine in PrPro.

One option would be to Export the CS4 Project, and then edit that in PrE. If you do, I'd recommend doing the editing loosely, leaving plenty of extra footage for Handles, and not adding Transitions, unless you KNOW that you will not wish to alter these. I also recommend adding, say an 02 sec. Black Video, between the Clips (loosely edited), so that they are easy to locate in the Exported AV file.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Is there a way to get a PPRO CS4 project into ADPE8
              Anthony Abegglen Level 1

Thanks  for the help , I pretty much thought it would be so , But so far both cs4 and APE8 are working fine together.

• 4. Re: Is there a way to get a PPRO CS4 project into ADPE8
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Going back to my acquisition of PrE 4, this was one of the first things that I tried. PrE 4 had a cute little error message, "This Project was created in PrPro 2.0. Why don't you just use that program to Open it?" or very similar.

I was surprised, when I went the other way, and PrPro Opened my PrE Project just fine. I explored what could get in the way, and found that some of the "Instant Movie" settings would do it. Otherwise, all came over pretty well (better than I expected) to PrPro. Seems that some of the New Blue Effects and Transitions caused problems, but then 3rd party stuff will. No surprises here.

I've even Opened Pr 6.5 Mac Projects in PrPro 2.0 (PC), and only 3rd party Transitions were missing. PrPro even pointed to the name of the Transition, and the exact TimeCode, where they were used, plus it marked them for me, so a simple replacement was all that was necessary to get to editing. Nice touch Adobe!

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Is there a way to get a PPRO CS4 project into ADPE8
                  Anthony Abegglen Level 1

That is interesting , I will have to do a test and see if 8 project will open in CS4, I have had some free time and have play abit with 8 , Very suprised how powerful it is most of my work is edited on Canopus Edius PRo and PPRO CS4, I just got it for the dvd side for a quick DVD producer app , but found some very useful applications for work. I know it is a editing package made for entry to interm and even more powerful than that, if they add one or two extra s things ,like able to have grid and lines on the DVD app , to be able to undock the windows, and save work space , but it is what it is and vevn more , I am even more impressed for what you pay . If i look back at my Avid MCXpress  and what it offered, and how limited I was to editing a program I could eazy do a full edit and get away with it in PRE8.

Thanks for the input .