3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2009 11:08 PM by Xavier Agnetti

Large code base failure - java.util.concurrent.CancellationException

digital biscuit

I'm getting the following error when  trying to run Flex PMD against our codebase:

Buildfile: /Users/simon/Documents/vw/mt/site/scripts/ant/flexpmd.xml

flexPmdWithCustomRuleset:
        [flexPmd] 28-Oct-2009 13:33:00 com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine loadRuleset
        [flexPmd] INFO: Ruleset: /Users/simon/Documents/vw/mt/site/scripts/config/vw-pmd-ruleset.xml
        [flexPmd] 28-Oct-2009 13:33:00 com.adobe.ac.pmd.engines.AbstractFlexPmdEngine loadRuleset
        [flexPmd] INFO: Rules number in the ruleSet: 2
        [flexPmd] 28-Oct-2009 13:33:03 de.bokelberg.flex.parser.AS3Scanner$XMLVerifier verify
        [flexPmd] WARNING: Open quote is expected for attribute "id" associated with an  element type  "node". at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
        [flexPmd] org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
        [flexPmd] org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
      BUILD FAILED /Users/simon/Documents/vw/mt/site/scripts/ant/flexpmd.xml:45: java.util.concurrent.CancellationException Total time: 26 seconds

It looks as though its the volume of files that's causing the issue as I've been through and successfully run the task against all the individual packages in our src. I also tried reducing the number of tests in the ruleset to see if it had a bearing and it didn't.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a way round it?

I'm running OS X Snow Leopard, with default java install, FlexPMD is RC4.

Thanks,

Simon