Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Claim Task..." Notification email gets sent again. Can I suppress?

Level 2

I assigned the task to a GROUP email. The group gets the email, but when someone in that group goes to workspace to claim it, the email gets sent again to the person that claimed it. I don't want the email to go out the second time after they claim it.

Can this secomd email be suppressed? It's obvious that if the person was able to get to the task to claim it, they don't need to see the email again? Please help!

-LT

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Han Dao,

I contacted Adobe support and they suggested a workaround for it.

In LCES 8.2, open workbench, go to Process Management > Email Notification, delete the Start Activity Event "Task Claimed". Now when user claim the task from group, there is only "Task Assigned" event  listening, therefore we have only 1 email notification.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anh

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi LT,

Have you find a way to suppress this issue?

I have the same situation as you in LCES 8.2.1.2

In my workflow need to enable notification - task assignment for both user and group.

When task is assign to group, user receives 1 email.

When they claim & open the form at the same time, they receive another email which makes them confused.

To every one:

Can this issue be fixed in LCES 2 ?

Regards,

Anh

Level 2

Hello Vu. Apparently, Adobe has not thought this issue thoroughly enough to

fix it. They are aware of the problem as I have raised a case with them.

They have flagged it as an 'enhancement request' that will be addressed at a

later version of LiveCycle, but I will believe it when I see it.

I agree that it's very confusing to the recipient member of a group and am

shocked Adobe has not been able to fix this simple problem. No one likes the

same email twice...basic marketing.

-Leonardo

Former Community Member

We got the same issue and I agreed with you all. I hope Adobe can fix it to avoid the confusing. Please update if you hear they fix it.

Thanks for posting,

Han Dao

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi Han Dao,

I contacted Adobe support and they suggested a workaround for it.

In LCES 8.2, open workbench, go to Process Management > Email Notification, delete the Start Activity Event "Task Claimed". Now when user claim the task from group, there is only "Task Assigned" event  listening, therefore we have only 1 email notification.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Anh

Former Community Member

It works for me.

Thanks a lot for sharing the tip.

Han Dao

Former Community Member

Vu.Tuan.Anh has posted the solution on this link: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/514211?tstart=0

It works great for me, hope it works for you too.

Han

Level 2

Is it possible to supress this message in LiveCycle ES2 as well?

Former Community Member

Yes, the same workaround applies to ES2.

In Workbench, do a Get Application and pull down the Process Management Email (system) app.

In the Email Notification process, delete the Task Claimed event.

Diana

Former Community Member

Hi Diana,

If i delete that task claimed event and if i claim any task assigned to any user, will i get email notification?

Is there a seperate event for task claimed from group or is it common for both?

Pls help.

Regards,

Sudha

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----