2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2009 2:06 PM by jdmack01

Premiere Pro CS4 CRASHING ON START UP

redbaaron123

When I start premiere pro it will begin loading and then open the window. In the window the screen is white with an hourglass loading symbol. If I click anywhere in the window Premiere stops responding.  I can't end the task in Windows Task manger, or the process.  My computer wont even shut down or restart when this happens. To get this to stop I have to hold the power off button, not even manuel shutdown commands will work. I know that this wasnt an install issue, because Premiere worked fine for 6 months before it started doing this. Despite me telling Adobe technical support this, they still think that my system is not capable. I am running Vista 64, have a Core 2 Duo 2.26 processor, 4 gb ddr3 ram, and an Nvidia 9800 GTS graphics card.  Any Help would be great.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 CRASHING ON START UP
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I'd look to reinstalling.  First the suite, and then the entire OS if that doesn't work.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS4 CRASHING ON START UP
            jdmack01 Level 1

Click on "Start" then click "run" then type "msconfig"

Click on the "Startup" tab,

Note which items are checked if everything is not checked (you'll want to write this down)

Click "Disable All"

Click on the Services" tab.  Check off "Hide all Microsoft Services"

Note which items are checked if everything is not checked (you'll want to write this down)

Click on "Disable All"

Reboot your computer.

Start Premiere.

If Premiere starts sucessfully, then start turning on services and startup programs and rebooting until you find the culprit.  This is a long and tedious task but it may be the only way.  For me, it was my mouse driver that was keeping Premiere from starting.

Hope that helps!

J. D.