From the AdobeForums PM FAQs:
8.11 - "%deleteme" printed on extra page
John Davies - 05:42am Dec 24, 2003 Pacific
When you print from PageMaker, an extra page is printed with only the text "%deleteme" on it.
John Davies - 5:44am Dec 24, 03 PST (#1 of 1)
There are two theories behind this.
1. You have at one time composed/saved/printed your publication to a PostScript printer (e.g. created a PDF) and have now recomposed/saved/printed to a PCL printer (probably an HP LaserJet). The "%deleteme" page is a result of traces of the old printer driver/formatting.
I believe it is possible to output the printer data to file, clean it up, re-save and then the pages will print correctly.
Here are the details:
Print > Options > Write PS to file.
Open the PS file in a text editor (e.g. Editplus) then delete everything above /setpacking... (So that the line that is /setpacking... is the first line in the file.)
Go to the end of the document, then delete everything after %%EOF - (so that %%EOF is the last line of the document).
2. The other theory is that it is an early warning of file corruption, and that copying all the text and images to new blank PM pages cures it. This certainly works, though whether there is actually corruption is a moot point, and for long publications that takes a lot of time.
Iechyd da! John
00:02 29/10/2009 GMT
Thanks for your help. I just created a new document, copied and pasted the
information into the new document. That worked.
I had made the original pmd into a pdf last year. Then I saved the original
pmd document as a New pmd document, made changes to the New document and
then tried to print the New Pagemaker document. That's when I was getting
the "delete me" page.
I tried the suggestions you sent (about the ps document). But I was trying
to print the PMD document not the ps or pdf document. So changing the ps
document didn't seam to effect the pmd.
Thanks for the clue of creating a new file. I had a 28 file book which kept printing an extra blank page at the end of each file until corrected with new beginning file. I had converted the first file to pdf, so that was the problem.