4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 6:03 PM by icecream841

CS4 Reinstalation

icecream841

Hi, I'm planning on uninstalling then reinstalling premiere pro but one of the things I wasn't to sure about is weather or not it will still have the activation code entered or will I need to re enter it.

And thats it so it should be pretty easy

Alex,

• 1. Re: CS4 Reinstalation
          SFL46 Level 3

Make sure you deactivate the CS4 suite before you de-install.  You will need to re-activate once you complete re-installing.  Buit if you don't de-activate, you will be told that a version is already active and that you must de-activate first--but of course, you no longer have the installation.  Do it first!

• 2. Re: CS4 Reinstalation
            icecream841 Level 1

How do i go about deactivating it?

Where is the program or place that allows me to do so it said something about a third party program, but I haven't been able to locate it...

And thank you very much for your help

• 3. Re: CS4 Reinstalation
              SFL46 Level 3

In the help menu drop-down, you'lll find the activate and deactivation tasks.  If you installed one of the Adobe CS4 suites--you usually only need to deactivate one program in the suite--the rest will also be deactivated.  You might want to check.  If the program is deactivated, the deactivate fuction will be greyed out.

I'd like to make a suggestion to you.  Your question implies that you need to spend some time with the manual.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CS4 Reinstalation
                icecream841 Level 1

Thank you again,

I probably should spend a little more time in the manual....