7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 3:47 PM by carmick

How can one blur faces

carmick

carmickj@aol.com

In Premiere Pro 2.0, how can the face be blurred for privacy.  If one sends it to photoshop does one have to change each frame?  How do you get it back into the clip in Premiere?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: How can one blur faces
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, you have posted to the PrElements forum, and not to the PrPro forum.

Still, what you want to do is easy. You do not want to go to Photoshop and do rotoscoping, because you would need to do it frame by frame.

This TUTORIAL will cover all that you need. I think it was done for Pr 6.5, but all is still the same in PrPro.

Good luck, and do not be surprised if the MOD's move your post to the PrPro forum.

Hunt

• 2. Re: How can one blur faces
            the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE will also step you through "Highlighting a Moving Subject." In your case, all you have to think about would be adding a Gaussian Blur to the dupe Clip and limiting it with Track Matte Keying.

Good luck, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Hunt

• 3. Re: How can one blur faces
              the_wine_snob Level 9

One additional comment: you might want to reconsider listing your e-mail address in posts. There are 'bots, that harvest these. If you want to put it in, you should mung it, like this: infoAThuntphotoDOTcom, and let others figure out AT=@ and DOT=.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: How can one blur faces
                carmick Level 1

Dear Hunt,

Thank you so much!  I appreciate this and so quick.  I am a PT and take videos of kids walking but need to remove peoples faces for privacy and so this will be so good.

Most sincerely,

Judy

• 5. Re: How can one blur faces
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Judy,

Along with the suggestions listed, there is a fairly recent thread (I believe that it is on the PrPro forum, but have to admit that I read so many Adobe fora, it might have been here, or the older Premiere forum), of a quick way to blur many faces, that might be headed in different directions in the same Clip. I know that I commented on that thread, plus Colin Boughman. It seems that he offered a really simple way to adapt the blurring to do multiple subjects, that might not be moving in unison. I'll see if I can locate that one, and post a link, as I know many of the folk, who commented on that one.

Back, if I can find that to add to your list,

Hunt

• 6. Re: How can one blur faces
                    carmick Level 1

Hunt,

Thank you for all your suggestions.  I am going to try it now. 

I am a bit of a loss at hiding my e-mail but perhaps if I try another question it will be clear to me.

Thank you so much.

Judy

• 7. Re: How can one blur faces
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Judy,

This ARTICLE might be of use to you, as well.

Good luck,

Hunt