2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 6:54 AM by 1mousse1

Upgrade to Premier Pro CS4

1mousse1 Level 1

Bought and upgrade to Adobe Premier Pro CS4.  Did a successful download from the store.  No errors.  Installed the program with no errors.  Launch the program.  Get “Splash Screen” indicating program is being launched.  Splash screen goes away and no program is launched.  Adobe Tech Support so far has been nothing more than useless.  So far no progress other than claim that it is not their problem but rather it is a Windows problem.  Typical response when they do not understand their own product.  Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Upgrade to Premier Pro CS4
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First, work through all of the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting
          If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link

Also, if you have done so, IMMEDIATELY write the download to a CD so you don't lose it in case of problems!

Include a note with all details... such as the install/activate key

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Upgrade to Premier Pro CS4
            1mousse1 Level 1

I have been sucessful in doing an upgrade from Premier Pro Version 1 to Adobe Premier Pro CS4.  My problem was caused by a down level version of Appple QuickTime.  I eventually got to the solution via KB405950.  With no errors being indicated other than failure to launch the program you have no idea how much paper I used up printing out KB articals and trying them.  If I had the trees used to produce the paper I could heat my house for the winter.  Thanks for you help John.