2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 9:09 PM by pmieras

Elements 8 freezing solution requested

pmieras

I just picked uo my new computer.. windows 7 64 bit  i7 cpu , N260GTX-T2D896-OC-V3 video card,  8gb ddr3 ram 2 x 1 TB mirrored HDs and downloaded the premiere elements package (video and photo). After installation and trying out some imported AVCHD movies I got a fair number of freeze ups at even the simplest of tasks. In the Adobe forums I read about the possible 3D settings/ ddl files conflicting and forced the 3D setting off on this graph card. Then the program would not open existing test projects. Checked the latest driver update and had no other programs running. All indications that I could find gave the impression Adobe premiere elements 8, nvidia and windows 64 bit are compatible. The last time I opened PE8 there was an "event warning" that the graphic card or driver was not working properly. Via control panel everything seemed oké. Any advice what to try next?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Elements 8 freezing solution requested
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

My version of Premiere Elements 8 runs like a dream on Windows 7 -- but I'm running it on the 32-bit system.

Windows 7 is supposed to be very good about switching into compatibility mode when you run a 32-bit program on it -- but, especially on a brand new operating system, there may be issues with 64-bit drivers.

Hopefully, someone who's successfully running it on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine can offer some advice.

• 2. Re: Elements 8 freezing solution requested
            pmieras Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply and good on you that the 32 bit runs fine. I had the 32 bit installed but found out that it only recognized 2.6 GB of my 8GB DDR Ram.. Kind of useless then isn't it.... I had hoped that the windows compatibility site was right when they claimed the 64 bit was compatible as the certified the video card. Anyway will persue.

Thanks again for your time