2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 8:21 PM by lfirth

Blur Customer Names

lfirth Level 1

I have been asked to create a video of a web application I have developed to demonstrate it's capabilities.

This is something new to me, I have never used any of the video editing capabilities of CS4 Master Colection. I created the video using ZD Soft Screen Recorder.

The problem I have is that this video will be shown to competitive industries so I need to blur out the clients names. I have been using After Effects to try and achieve this (see attached jpg file). This is what I have done so far.

I have imported the video file as a layer and then copied the layer again. I used a Gaussian Blur to blur out the lower layer and then applied a rectangular mask (Subtract) over each field I wanted to blur on the top layer. The effect is just what I'm looking for. The problem I have is that when the screen changes in the video the masks stay where I placed them throughout the entire video. How do I stop the masks after a certain number of frames?

Looking at the way the masks are applied to the whole layer, I can't see any other way of doing this other than cutting the video up into lots of chunks. Is there a better way? If not how do I cut the video up into chunks.

As you can probably tell, I don't know a lot about using After Effects.