4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 2:38 AM by i_dream_of_jeannie

Export to Tape failed in Elements7

edvdino

I spend hours of time to search all forums, found something but not the right solution (downloaded K.lite Codec Pack and Adobe flash player).

Then i tried to send a message to Adobe Support, but no success but a loop between various Webpages.

Now my last hope is anyone in this forum, who has solved the problem or know how to solve! Sorry for mstakes in the text, I use a Google-translation from german, but was not able to copy it to this form!

After Years of using the (very) old Premiere 6 without problems i buyed Premiere elements 7 after a positive Test-report of the german 'Stiftung Warentest'. First i had to change my processor to Athlon 64 3800+ because my old Athlon XP has not the SSE2 Instruction set.

My HW now: Athlon 64, single , 2400 MHz, 4 GB RAM, MSI VGA NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti4200. SW Windows XP /SP3.

Camcoder ist a SONY Digital8 DCR TR7000E connected via firewire.

Transfer from Camcorder to PC works correctly. It seems, i lost more frames than with Premiere6. After finishing the work and burned on DVD i want to save the film to Digital8 back, as done with Premiere6.

Export to Tape - check the definitions - start. After rendering the Camcorder starts, timecode is written - but only a blue screen is on the tape. NO VIDEO, NO AUDIO.  The export ends without error message.

One post in the forum says, the playback-setting was wrong set to 'none'. But thats all correct: DV25i (720x576).

Can anyone help me?  MANY THANKS!

doelf

• 1. Re: Export to Tape failed in Elements7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, be sure that you have the latest version of Quicktime installed from Apple.com.

Also, go to the nVidia site and download the latest drivers for your graphics card. (I don't know what country you are from, but you can set the site to display in a number of languages.) http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: Export to Tape failed in Elements7
            edvdino Level 1

Hallo Steve,

ich habe also die neueste Quicktime-Version installiert und auch die neuesten Treiber von NVIDIA geladen.

Als Folge klappt jetzt PREVIEW nicht mehr! Das Bild läuft ca. 1 Sekunde, bleibt stehen oder ruckelt manchmal noch etwas - aber der Ton läuft weiter.

Dies war vorher in Ornung, nachdem ich die neueste Version des 'Flash-Players' installiert hatte. Ich habe die Version nochmals installiert, aber keine Änderung!

Aufs Band kommt beim Export immer noch nichts. SORRY!

Jetzt habe ich deutsch geschrieben und hoffe, dass die GOOGLE TOOLBAR diesen Text automatisch in englisch übersetzt!

Best regards

Doelf

---- Google meldet: Tranlation failed, because of network error!!!  Can you read or translate it?

• 3. Re: Export to Tape failed in Elements7
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Translation:

Hello Steve, 

So I installed the latest version of Quicktime and loaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA. 

As a result now no longer works PREVIEW! The image runs about 1 seconds, stops, or sometimes a bit jerky - but the sound continues.

This was previously in Ornung after I installed the latest version of 'Flash Player'. I have installed the version again, but no change!

On the tape comes in exports still nothing. SORRY! 

Now I have written in German and I hope that the Google Toolbar, this text is automatically translated into English! 

Best regards 

Doelf

Doelf, I am sorry but I don't know what the problem is. It might be best to contact Adobe Technical Support.

Doelf, es tut mir leid, aber ich weiß nicht, was das Problem ist. Es könnte sein, am besten zur Kontaktaufnahme mit Adobe Technical Support.
              • 4. Re: Export to Tape failed in Elements7
                i_dream_of_jeannie Level 1

Well, Exporting to a tape works for me. Probably you can try the following things :

1. Use a new DV tape

2. Make sure that the CTI is on the timeline from where you want your recording on the tape.