9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2010 9:40 AM by Harm Millaard

moving a big PP CS4 project to CS3 ...how to ...?

luc otter Level 1

I cannot keep working on my project with PP CS4 I keep having very ennoying problems :  un-openable projects. like once a week or so, a project and all the auto saved version of it - become unopenable... the progress bar stalls...

I thought I solved my problems when I upgraded to vista ultimate 64 and did a very simple setup (CS4 and a few animation softwares... not much more...).

I spent too much money and way too much time and haven't understand WHY some of my project won't open (it olny happens 5% to 10 time

I lost A LOT of time trying all sorts of things, all the operating systems (XP home, XP pro, XP 64, VISTA64 and WINDOWS 7 build 7600) ....

I have a DELL precision 690 workstation 2 dual core/3ghz - 8 gig ram - a quadro 3450 video card ... almost nothing installed but the production premium CS4 suite ...

We still will be working for at least 3 months on this project...

I'm fed up with all the lost time and I have ABSOLUTELY no clue why we have problems, despite all the troubleshooting and tiem spent on the forums...

So I lost faith in PREMIERE CS4.

I tried hard enough. I need a faithfull editing software.

I have to decide between CS3 or FINAL CUT.

We are working on a half hour animated film.

Our latest PP timeline includes close to 2000 medias (still/QT and audio files).

Has anyone done this operation ? ... going from PP CS4 to CS3 ?

I am ready to spend a full day to do copy/paste - export timelines one by one ....

I am not ready to redo the whole editing, as it may take a long while to place all the media

at the right place.

Any clue or trick or plug in or whatever that could help us do this move would be greatly appreciated!

also I know I am on an ADOBE forum, but I am also interested in the pros and cons of cs3 vs FCP...

I would prefer using CS3 as we use photoshp and AE a lot in this project and like to stay in the ADOBE world... but if there's an easy way to go from PP CS4 to FCP we may consider it...

... another small hope is the 4.2 upgrade...?

thanks for any help!!

luc