4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 11:53 AM by Phillygirl14

Premiere Elements 4.0

Phillygirl14

After Capturing in PE 4.0 there are segments where the audio is out of sync and I have to capture the segment again if re-rendering the audio doesn't work. I've used iMovie on an iMAC and Sony Vegas on a PC with the same video and no problem. Tried Premiere Elements 4.0 on two different computers and still the same problem. Downloaded updates as instructed as well. Will an upgrade help?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Probably not. But that depends on the nature of your video format.

What type of camcorder did this video come from and how did you get it into your computer?

The issues you describe are common with video from DVDs and hard drive camcorders.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0
            the_wine_snob Level 9

With Capture from a miniDV tape camera, the transfer is pure bit-transfer. OOS, unless there is an issue with the camera's ability to record to tape, is not an issue.

I agree with Steve, that it is likely that you are using a mini-DVD, or HDD camera. These can be problematic.

Along with telling us about your particular camera, please tell us about your Project Preset and also how you are Capturing your material.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0
              Phillygirl14 Level 1

Used a Canon HV20, a HDD camera. Only problem was with the Adobe software. No problem with Sony Vegas or iMovie on an iMAC. Followed instructions for capturing using firewire connection. Computer is Dell Studio XPS.

Thanks,

Mary

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 4.0
                Phillygirl14 Level 1

Came from Canon HV-20. Used firewire connection to Dell Studio XPS computer. This problem does not happen with Sony Vegas with same computer or iMovie with an iMAC. Settings were for HD wide format. Only happening with Adobe 4.0.

Thanks