14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2009 10:45 AM by PrepressPro1

this just in...

Frigglesworth Level 1

I love Illustrator!

I am good with XHTML and CSS and always lacked the ability to make my websites beautiful, but Ilustrator changed all that. In the beginning it was difficult getting my head around graphic design, but now I feel I am good enough to make professional looking websites. Hopefully, since Illustrator is so fun, I can one day do great things with vector graphic design.

Thanks Adobe!

... and thanks to you guys even more!

• 1. Re: this just in...
          PrepressPro1 Adobe Community Professional

AAWWK. I feel like I'm reading a romance novel. You have to read this post with "Voice Beautiful" in mind. I think I have to go take a birdie bath now.     AAWWK…

• 2. Re: this just in...
            Skullmaker Level 3

Romance? I thought it was comedy, you know, sarcastic comedy!

Why the @#$%^ I paid for DreamWeaver?

Maybe because I have not clue of what is HTML code or CSS.

This just in...

If you are one the first 200 callers you will get a free 800 number to our New Customer Service (Located in Tern Island)!

• 3. Re: this just in...

Yeah, I can't do the whole HTML & CSS thang. If I do a web site I have to use a WYSIWYG program. Last web site I did I used GoLive. I should take an on line class to learn HTML but writing any computer language or code just puts me to sleep.

• 4. Re: this just in...
                Skullmaker Level 3

Last night I used Illustrator CS4 to program my DVR.

I feel all warm and fuzzy.

• 5. Re: this just in...

I'm cleaning my oven… with Illustrator!

• 6. Re: this just in...
                    Frigglesworth Level 1

Well, I used to believe I could never really grasp Illustrator and Photoshop. To someone who has never tried it the software is intimidating.

I can imagine why you would feel XHTML is hard to grasp, but there are great books that will allow you to see the truth: that XHTML is really pretty simple. I imagine you have never given a real attempt at trying to learn it. Once you do, you will see how easy it is. Now PHP and Javascript coding you might find challenging though.

• 7. Re: this just in...
                      Skullmaker Level 3

"CS4 Box" a perfect Bookend. Juts in time for Christmas!

But that is not all, it cuts, it dices, it chops and even programs your old VCR!

• 8. Re: this just in...

First there was HTML, now XHTML. AAWWK! will it never end?

• 9. Re: this just in...
                          Skullmaker Level 3

So Illustrator CS4 is more "extensive". So many languages. I do not speak XHTML.

• 10. Re: this just in...
                            shunithD Level 3

Skullmaker wrote:

So Illustrator CS4 is more "extensive". So many languages. I do not speak XHTML.

It's actually not too difficult... It's just HTML with an X in front....

Edit: Or is it X with HTML behind???

• 11. Re: this just in...
                              Frigglesworth Level 1

XHTML and HTML are basically the same thing. The changes made between are so subtle and small that it is NOT learning anything new or drastic. You could learn the differences if you new HTML within say half an hour.

CSS is the same way as new versions will be coming out but the if you know the original CSS you will def have NO problem picking up the new one.

Don't be discouraged by new technologies. If you step into this field, it is a never ending process: learning that is. I noticed that in college--if you think when you are done learning programming that you are done... you will be screwed in a couple years of slacking. You have to keep up with what is going on.

Even Illustrator is like that. There are changes like the effects menu and all from CS3 to CS4. My point: everything is always dynamic and changing. You have to just change with it.

• 12. Re: this just in...
                                JETalmage Level 6
                                it cuts

Um...well, no, it doesn't. At least not worth a dang, compared to every other drawing program on the planet.

but there are great books that will allow you to see the truth: that XHTML is really pretty simple

There are other drawing programs that will allow you to see the truth: That Illusrtrator's basic vector path drawing interface, selection interface, and toolset are archaic and outdated by decades of better development elsewhere.

Don't be discouraged by new technologies.

This from a guy who thinks Illusrtator's worst-of-class vector drawing interface is something to write a sticky-sweet romance novel over.

Sorry, Frigglesworth. I'm not exactly unfamiliary with Illustrator, and my reaction, to put it succinctly is: Gag me with a spoon.

But stick around. You're already well advanced down the road toward becomming yet another blinders-wearing, Illustrator-only devotee. Let me accelerate your progress. Just memorize these phrases:

I've only ever used Illustrator for vector drawing. So Illustrator must be religously defended, for fear of ever having to learn something else.

I've only ever used Illustrator. So Illustrator is better than any other drawing program.

I've had nothing more than glancing experience with anything else. So let me tell you all about what's wrong with everything else.

I only know how to use Illustrator. So it's illegal to use more than one drawing program.

Illustrator does it this way, so this has to be the right way.

Illustrator is best. Otherwise, I might not have invested in the best program, which is unacceptable.

Illustrator can't do that. So you don't really need it. And it's lame.

Illustrator can now do that, too. So Illustrator invented it. And you now need it. And it's Awesome!

A stroke is not an Attribute but an Appearance but Appearances have Attributes.

Effects are alive, but Filers are dead. Strokes are alive but are not Effects. Effects are alive but cannot be killed; they can be expanded. Strokes are not Effects but can be expanded; or they can be outlined, which is the same thing. Effects can be expanded but not outlined but you don't expand an Effect; you expand an Appearance because an Effect is an Appearance.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

JET

• 13. Re: this just in...
                                  JETalmage Level 6
                                  First there was HTML, now XHTML...

HTML:

Start a tag: <>

End a tag: </>

XHTML:

Do the same thing, but don't get sloppy about it.

That's about it.

;-)

JET

• 14. Re: this just in...

JETalmage wrote:

I only know how to use Illustrator. So it's illegal to use more than one drawing program.

This is one I think we could get our crazed law makers in Washington to take up.