1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 1:34 AM by b_gossweiler

Camera Raw showing up double in PSE 8

b_gossweiler Level 5

Hi

After upgrading to PSE 8, the plugin Camera Raw shows up twice in About Plugins (both show Version 5.5.0.97). In the Open as filetype list, I also see two Camera Raw entries, of which one works just fine, the other one leads to error message "This process could not be executed, because a program error occured" (my translation from German to English).

I noticed that by removing the file Camera Raw.8bi from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 8.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats removes one of the entries. So PSE 8 seems to get ACR 5.5 from somewhere else than from Camera Raw.8bi also.

This problem does not seem to be related to my installation, please also see this thread in the PSE forum.

The installation guide clearly states that one has to copy Camera Raw.8bi to the PSE plugin directory, although it only mentions PSE 6.0 und PSE 7.0.

Can anybody give me a hint on where PSE 8 gets its ACR from, and what I would have to do to upgrade it to a new version if I don't keep Camera Raw.8bi in the plugin directory?

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

• 1. Re: Camera Raw showing up double in PSE 8
          b_gossweiler Level 5

This issue has been resolved.

As per John R. Ellis' post here, Adobe has moved the location of the file Camera Raw.8bi from

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 8.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats\

to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 8\File Formats\

with PSE 8.

So deleting the file C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 8.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi resolves the problem.

Adobe, please make a note of this in the ACR installation guide.

Beat Gossweiler

Switzerland

Message was edited by: b_gossweiler:    Corrected folder path.