1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 5:23 AM by amy_gee2000

Many problems with Premiere Elements 8

amy_gee2000

I have just bought of PE8. I am having a lot of problems with viewing the video that I have imported.

1) Import Mini Dvd. Import works but when I put it on the timeline the colours turn purple shades. When I add an effect it turns it back to normal, however, when I render the video it returns to the purple, and all that plays is a single frame that shakes.

2) Importing Mini Dv. When trying to import the dv tape the PE8 kept crashing. So I used the windows movie maker importer. I then imported it into PE8, though once it is moved onto the timeline the sound plays but, no visual just a black screen.

Is there anything I can do to make the program work?

• 1. Re: Many problems with Premiere Elements 8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It definitely sounds as though your system needs some major updating.

Go to Windows Update and download even the non-critical updates. Also go to the ATI or nVidia site and download the latest drivers for your video card. I'd also recommend you go to RealTek and get the latest RealTek drivers and Apple and get the latest Quicktime. These things do make a big difference -- particularly with a program as intensive as version 8!

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416585?tstart=0

Beyond that, it might help if you told us more about your system. How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free, defragmented space is on your hard drive? And, of course, what operating system are you running?