2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 4:02 AM by Michael Orzechowski

AMFPHP client.error.messagesend send failed issue

Michael Orzechowski Level 1

Greetings all

I have a following issue. I have developed some time ago a login module for one of my web sites. Whole site has been developed in PHP and login module in Flex (using Flex builder 3). I have used AMFPHP to allow bidirectional communication between login module and web site. It is working perfectly fine (we have been using it for few months now).

I have upgraded OS on one of my laptops to Windows 7 Professional last week and to my surprise I cannot login to my website anymore using this PC. I keep on getting error “client.error.messagesend send failed” when trying to login. At first I though it must be some browser security settings, then I thought it is surely a firewall but after disabling all (or setting level of security to low) issue still persist. I know it is not exactly a Flex issue but since it is Flex that throws this message I though that someone might have an idea how to solve it.

Regards
      Michael

• 1. Re: AMFPHP client.error.messagesend send failed issue

Hi

Quick update. I did not manage to find anything regarding this issue so I have decided to develop exactly the same login module using Flash Builder 4 beta 2 (instead of Flex builder 3) utilizing Zend framework (instead of AMFPHP). Now I am getting sandbox violation error. It should be fairly easy (I hope) to solve it now. I will probably need to rearrange service configuration files (ini and gateway) to make it work. It is a pity that Flex 3 did not throw more helpful message, it would save me some time on redoing same app in new builder.

Regards
          Michael

• 2. Re: AMFPHP client.error.messagesend send failed issue

Hi

I have managed to sort out my issue. I had to use a crossdomain XML file to authorize calls within my domain.

That's the solution that worked for me:

1) executing code

Security.loadPolicyFile("http://my_domain.co.uk/crossdomain.xml");

when initializing Flex application

2) content of crossdomain.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
            <cross-domain-policy>
            <allow-access-from domain="*" />
            </cross-domain-policy>

The only strange thing is that error occurs only when using one PC with Windows 7 Pro (I checked Flash plugin versions and all my workstations have latest versions installed).

Anyway, I hope that above solution will help someone. I have spent considerable amount of time trying to sort it out:)

Regards

Michael