2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2009 7:10 PM by ct44

HSL panel for Color

ct44

I was using a tutorial for using the HSL panel in LR but I have ACR not LR.   Since most features are the same I was doing OK.  However I notice that there is a an HSL/Color/Greyscale panel in LR but in ACR I only have a panel for HSL/Grayscale.   The Color panel is missing - or am I missing something.   I thought the controls in LR and ACR were basically similar.  Is this corrrect - there is no Color panel in ACR for Hue/Saturation/luminance?

Thanks

Sue

• 1. Re: HSL panel for Color
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

If you look at the HSL/Color/B&W in Lightroom and compare with the HSL/Grayscale panel in Camera Raw the only difference is in layout not functionality. The "Color sub-panel is merely a different layout of the colors and the sliders. There is no difference in function just usability.

In Color you select the color you want to work on and then have the HSL sliders for that color. In Camera Raw the HSL is broken down not by color but by Hue, Saturation and Luminance. So, everything you can do in Lightroom can be done in Camera Raw...justin a slightly different usability.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HSL panel for Color
            ct44 Level 1

Many thanks - I understand now