5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 9:25 AM by robva65

swf choppy with control bar in presenter

buzimonkee

This question has been posted before a couple of different times, but I am going to post my own since I can not seem to find a solution that works for me in the responses in the other posts.

When I embed my swf file into presenter and click the control bar option, the swf runs very choppy.  I have tried every suggestion out there to fix this but to no avail.  Why are there no sufficient tutorials out there for this product?  I have been monkeying around with this now for eight days and I am so very frustrated!

I am using a new pc with vista, powerpoint 07 and CS4 Flash.  Should I be working on my Mac? (my next step in exploration)....  Would this make a difference?

Please offer any suggestions, as I am at my wits end ~

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: swf choppy with control bar in presenter
          robva65 Level 2

John,

Man, I'm sorry this has been so frustrating for you...I think we've all experienced our share of pitfalls around Presenter, and I'd also respond by saying that a great deal of us have had to figure out solutions that work within our given environments.

And nope, that's not ideal at all.

I know you've looked at the previous thread about this problem....so I'm not going to rehash what was discussed there, but I do feel it necessary to ask the following:

1. You write that you're using CS4...and for the record, I'm not convinced that's a problem, but for what its worth, are you using Actionscript 3.0 at all?  IF so, you're going to need to backdate that code base, b/c Presenter outputs to Flash Player 8, so AS 3.0 has to be taken off the table.

2. Is your imported swf file running at 30fps?  Again, don't mean to ask a stupid question, but it's the little details that can make or break a file.

3. Is there some example that you can share?  Not sure if you can make anything available, but I'd be happy to view anything you have in an attempt to see if there's something we can do to fix the problem you're experiencing.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

• 2. Re: swf choppy with control bar in presenter
            BillG-Seattle Level 1

Several of my swfs also played inconsistently, with sputtering animations and even slight reversals of some animations. My best solution to date has been to include an audio file in the swf file itself. For some reason, that seems to eliminate the problem, at least for me. Fortunately, my courses all have narration, so it was a rather easy fix. If you don't have narration, maybe just try experimenting with importing a silent mp3 file into your Flash file that has the same duration as the Flash movie.

• 3. Re: swf choppy with control bar in presenter
              buzimonkee Level 1

Thank you Robva!  The Actionscript is something that I was not aware of!  I will give that a shot this evening and let you know how it works out.  If it doesn't work, I will upload some examples.

I really appreciate your assistance,

John

• 4. Re: swf choppy with control bar in presenter
                buzimonkee Level 1

Thanks BillG!  I wondered about the sound- if this might make a difference.  I have a voice over that I am going to be uploading tonight and I will see what this does.  I think between your assistance and Robva I should have this resolved.  Fingers crossed!  I will the results.

Again, thank you!

John

• 5. Re: swf choppy with control bar in presenter
                  robva65 Level 2

John,

Please be sure to let us know if things are back on track!  I'd be willing to bet that you're not the only one who's experienced that problem, so by all means report back here on what you've found!

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/