9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 8:57 AM by 1RobbDeep1

Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2

1RobbDeep1

Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP Professional SP2:

I got a lot of good info from the forum today, I do not have the internet at my house, which has added to this $100+ headache so I'm gonna try some stuff tonight and check back here tommorrow.

1. I would have tried uninstalling and re-installing but it came up with some serial number message, because I can't register online from my home I don't want to get locked out of the program or something, hey, it could happen knowing all this security crap.

2. I get the splash screen like others have, but I don't get the actual program: Premiere Elements 8, it runs through all the plugins on the application startup screen and then closes w/o any explanation.

3. After trying to get things working, "ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe" is taking up 100+ mb ram in the background. What is this thing?

so far annoyed, but hopeful, still love my other Adobe Apps.

Feel free to address anything, I apreaciate it!! Even links to other articles, hopefully I'll figure it out tonight, I will post success / failure.

Thanks,

Robb

• 1. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
          chaosdsmFL Level 1

I think Adobe needs to fix the splash screen...

In the mean-time, lets do away with that startup splash screen... I hate it, & in & of itself, I haven't easily located a way to dissable it. However, I have found a way to bypass it! To do this, you will need to change your shortcuts by either editing the shortcut properties, or by browsing your computer for the Premier Elements 8 program folder & manually creating a new shortcut. In XP the program location defaults to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0" then you want to point your shortcut to "Adobe Premiere Elements.exe", or manually create a new shortcut by right clicking on that file & "send to desktop(create shortcut)" This is the main program & will open just the editor portion of Premier Elements preceded only by the credits splash screen instead of that annoying startup splash screen!!!   Yours was one of the exact problems I was having with PrE8 in XP Pro before this bypass.

BTW... you really should upgrade to SP3

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
            1RobbDeep1 Level 1

I want to add as much info as I can:

*Splash screen shows up, but only the video/image viewer/manager hub or whatever is able to open.

*I can open up the Premiere Elements program to the intro loading screen, once it loads the plugins it closes.

*I've tried every possible combination within the video manager hub thing to access the Video editing (Elements) software, it may show the loading screen then it closes with nothing, (the video manager remains open still).

Installed: Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0 from DVD 1, I did not install templates from Disc 2 or whatever.

*"Single Processor Detected" (I think that's what it said)

*I set up Service Pack 2, because it wouldn't let me install until I did this.

*I have Windows XP Professional

*I have plenty of HardDrive space. Don't think RAM is a problem.

What I'm going to do tonight:

*Install latest Quicktime 7.something, (downloaded on 11-01-09) from Quicktime.com

*Uninstall the unnessesary driver file mentioned in another post. (or disable it by renaming it)

*Hold shift key while opening program to clear cache, I read that somewhere.

*Possibly re-install software, hopefully I could get back in with my Serial.

-I printed out Trouble shooting section from Adobe.com.

Please leave suggestions, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will benefit.

Robb

(I got my receipt, I really don't want to use it)

• 3. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
              1RobbDeep1 Level 1

I found the difference between the two applications "blah blah blah 8.0.exe" and "blah blah blah.exe", unfortuantely, it still just loads the plugins and closes.

I will download Service Pack 3, cause I want all my bases covered. Thanks for the info! Robb

• 4. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You may also want to update your operating system, Robb.  You should be at least on SP3.

• 5. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
                  Missteach Level 1

I'm on XP SP3.  Didn't help me.  See my other recent posts.

• 6. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
                    VDOSurfer Level 3

Read it somewhere in this beautiful forum. Don't know where.

Have you tried deleting the plugin cache? You could do this from the registry. The path is HKCU/Software/Adobe/Premiere Elements/8.0/ Delete the "plugin cache" folder

Try launching the app after this from the "Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0.exe" (Yeah, the one with the Welcome screen)

If it works, it could mean some of the cache got corrupt during launch and it was being reused for all launches thereafter..

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
                      VDOSurfer Level 3

Shouldn't have been an afterthought. But please take all "known" precautions when editing a registry key/value. (read Back-up)

• 8. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... NOW I CAN - SOLUTION
                        1RobbDeep1 Level 1

SOLUTION FOUND!

If Adobe paid me my salary from work, to get their product working at my home...

Ok, you can try this if you have had the problem I've described in this thread:

My Elements editor program was not opening, It would load up the plugins on the
                        start up window and then close abruptly. The last plugin I'd always curse at was
                        "ExporterQuicktime..." So I found it in the plugin folder and added a ".off" to the
                        file name.(It can always be restored by removing the ".off" extension, but I'm probably not going to)

I tried opening the program again, it closed on me. I thought, let's try it one
                        more time, just because I got nothing better to do. I see an error message, "missing
                        a component..." no duh "put in the install DVD to fix" no (not word for word), it did give the option
                        of closing the error message. And now Premiere Elements opens for me just fine.

I still love Adobe, just not the "Elements" programs.

Robb, (sigh)

• 9. Re: Splash Screen and not beyond... Closes abruptly? PE8 WinXP SP2
                          1RobbDeep1 Level 1

Thanks everyone, I downloaded SP3, I'm not sure if I want to use it. I will turn off "Auto-Analyzer" in preferences and hopefully things will pick up. I was editing last night till 1AM, but it was really 12AM, It works pretty good for the most part.