0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2009 10:34 PM by Tink Long

Commentable/saveable PDF no longer works in Reader 9

Tink Long

Greetings all,

I have seen this on the web, but have not seen the solution.  Can anyone provide one?

Some years back we received commentable/saveable PDF versions of the Bible.  My husband has been highlighting and commenting these for a long while.  Since Adobe 9 and for a number of months now, he can no longer comment/save the PDF.

I downloaded another set of the PDFs (there are two).  When you open one of the PDFs, it says that commenting is allowed.  After you comment and save the document (something that has been done MANY TIMES for a year or more), you get a message: "The document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of the extended features is no longer available.  Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

I know this situation is happening to others since Adobe 9.  Surely we do not all have to try to find and contact the orginal author who enable commenting to have them fix something that is now apparently broken when using Adobe 9?

Help anyone?  Adobe rep, are you there?

Thanks in advance,

Tink