3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 7:14 AM by Mylenium

lagging when preview and playing preview

fiveseven89

helo... im new to AE, i used it few times. I just notice some people when they used AE then tries to play the curent project it seems they are not lagging. in my case when I preview or play my current project or composition its lagging and very slow. Could someone suggest how to make it smooth?

• 1. Re: lagging when preview and playing preview
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please be more specific. What exactly are you doing? Are you correctly creating RAM previews? If so, on what system are you working? Audio hardware? Graphics card? Specific video ccapture card? What footages do you use? What are your composition settings? Do you use any effects? Do you use the disk cache? There could be a million reasons for this, so more info is really required.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: lagging when preview and playing preview
            fiveseven89 Level 1

dvsg1.jpg is my startup

capturexdsav.jpg is my actual screen.. now i incircle the problems... when i tried to move the slider manualy something lagging like im moving pictures.

then wen i triedd to click on the play button still the same.. something very slow not smooth and not realtime... same with other

the last picture is my system information.. thnx i dont really now this thats why i ask because i just used it for days..

• 3. Re: lagging when preview and playing preview
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Have you tried this with otehr files or only with DV-encoded AVIs such as the one in teh picture? This could be something specific in the CoDec handling on Windows 7 (as it uses a new CoDec format entirely). I suspect the solution is not in AE, but rather in Windows Media Player's settings or your system settings where you would have to enable a legacy option somewhere, but since I haven't upgraded to W7 yet, I can't be more specific. I would have a look around the web on a more generic level and see, if something about this is known on other forums.

Mylenium