3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2008 11:57 AM by Liz C

RH 7 Search doesn't work

Liz C
      Can someone help with how to enable the search in RH 7? We are using an RH 7 (client) and publishing WebHelp to an RH 7 (server). When I type a word in the "Type in your question" text box, I always receive the message "Sorry, we were unable to find a good answer for your question." However, I know the word I've typed is in the project. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
      Liz
        • 1. Re: RH 7 Search doesn't work
          MergeThis Level 4
          I believe only WebHelp Pro can be published to RH Server 7 and be functional (where's Peter when you need him?). I don't use either, myself, but there've been multiple discussions in the forum about this subject.

That is, I believe that these following scenarios apply:

* Publish WebHelp to a standard server and get normal Search.
          * Publish WebHelp to RH Server 7 installed on a standard server and get nothing.

* Publish WebHelp Pro to RH Server 7 installed on a standard server and get extended Search, usability reports, etc.
          * Publish WebHelp Pro to a standard server and get (nothing, I think?).

Good luck,
          Leon

• 2. Re: RH 7 Search doesn't work
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi all

@ Leon: where's Peter when you need him? - I believe he has set sail and is taking a well deserved cruise with his lovely wife.

You are correct in that only WebHelp Pro output can be published to a RoboHelp 7 server and be expected to work properly.

Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: RH 7 Search doesn't work
              Liz C Level 1
              Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry, for the confusion. I meant to say I'm publishing WebHelp Pro to the RH server 7. However, I'm getting nothing.

Liz