3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 12:25 PM by bland_soldier1

Installing help... write privilleges

bland_soldier1

I have tried installing the trial until i get my financial aid for school but when i try to install it says right before its done that i do not have enough space or that it may not have write privilleges. i know i have enough space and i dont undestand why it wouldnt have write privilleges. if you can help please do cause im lost and i need this program for school... two more weeks and the course is over and comming assignments are going to be worth alot sooooo PLEASE HELP thank you

P.S. i am running windows XP and i have 8 GB left at least on this hard drive and i have another with at least 40 GB and i have 2.8 GHz for CPU and 760 mbs for ram.... please help thank you

• 1. Re: Installing help... write privilleges
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Do you run the install as administrator? Issues with write privileges may refer to a shared component that cannot be updated, e.g. something as basic as a font. Additionally, these shared components are written to a number of different directories and only one of the may be locked. So please check, whether there are any problems with the following directories:

C:\Program Files\Adobe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Documents and Settings\[You]\Application Data\Adobe

C.\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe

and al lthe sub-folders. Additionally, check, whether you have sufficient privileges to execute and run services. Could well be, that the licensing service cannot be installed because of some such thing. Do you have otehr Adobe software on the system already? That may also interfere. As a last thing, if your attempts do not give any results, please provide the install log from

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

And we can have a look where it may go wrong.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Installing help... write privilleges
            bland_soldier1 Level 1

im gonna try now see if i cant just get it right.... i looked at all the folders and i dont know what the hell was wrong but i uninstalled my adobe acrobat and the adobe file and im just gonna try doin it again

• 3. Re: Installing help... write privilleges
              bland_soldier1 Level 1

ummmm didnt work....