19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 3:17 AM by nikos101

Felx Builder can't connect to Debug player

kmg203

Hi

I have a problem with the Flash debug player, version 10,0,32,18 when trying to debug a Flex application using Firefox version 3.5.4 running on WinXP (version 2002, SP 3).

When I start a debug session from Flex Builder, the application fires up in Firefox but Flex Builder shows a progress bar indicating that it is waiting to connect to the debug version of the player. It fails to do so and asks me whether I have the debug player installed and/or whether the application has been compiled with debugging switched on. I believe the latter is irrelevant when working via Flex Builder. Adobe's version checker site ( http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html ) confirms that I have the correct version of the debug player installed.

I have come across some advice that recommends right-clicking on the app whilst Flex Builder is trying to connect to the player and selecting the Debug option to ensure localhost is being used for the connection. The trouble is that, in my case, this is greyed-out.

Any help/pointers gratefully received.

cheers