3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2007 5:49 PM by bregent

open a framset in another frameset frame

Becky Flynn
      Hi,

I am developing a web page that has 1 main 3 frame frameset. When the user clicks a text button I want it to open a simple 2 frame frameset with in the main frame of the above frameset. I havn't been successful with that. What it does, is bring up the navigation menu which brings up the second navigation menu however, when clicked the second navigation menu it brings up the photo album but lose the navigation menu.
      I lose the set navigation of the 2 frameset.
      Help
        • 1. Re: open a framset in another frameset frame
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          >I am developing a web page that has 1 main 3 frame frameset. When the user clicks a text button
          >I want it to open a simple 2 frame frameset with in the main frame of the above frameset.

Why on earth do you want to do this? What is the reason you are using frames rather than just linking flat pages together?
          • 2. Re: open a framset in another frameset frame
            Becky Flynn Level 1
            I like frames because they are cleaner looking.

My website still under construction, www.artsofcarolina.com.

The Sample button works fine. Right now I am testing the Photography button. It works up to a point . Click Photography, then click R. Flynn which brings up various photography work by that individual, click on Coastal Boats. It comes up but I lose the left frame navigation. The Link R. Flynn points to a 2 frame frameset which has the various work in the nav when clicked should bring up the content in the main frame. It is a little confusing just a visual thing.
            • 3. Re: open a framset in another frameset frame
              bregent Most Valuable Participant
              >I like frames because they are cleaner looking.

I don't know what you mean by cleaner looking. Frames often cause problems for users and developers and should not be used unless they solve a specific problem that can't otherwise be solved using a different method. I see no reason to use frames on your site. You are also using flash navigation that is going to cause accessibility and site maintenance issues. Honestly, I would start over without frames and without flash navigation. It will be much easier on you and your visitors.