16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 8:46 AM by -Subbi

Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO

Schilfers Level 1

lean installation of Windows 7 and PE8 on 1 PC Dell Dualcore 4gig ram (W7/64) and 1 PC Microstar Quadcore 6600 4gig ram (W7/64 and W7/32) so on 2 different PC which means three different W7 and PE8. Results the same for all three!!!

Impossible to work with. PE8 crashes all the time.

I have read the forum and saw that i am surely not the only one.

I also read that Adobe even didn't test this product on W7 (only CS3 and CS4is mentioned on their Homepage). Are they serious???

In the Crash Report, under the question which Operating system you are using, you even don't find Windows 7, you have to click on "others"

I bought this PE8 by downloading it via Adobe Belgium (Europe) for the price of 100€ which is much more then your  $-price.

I bought it because I was very satisfied about PE7, but after installing it on 2 of my W7, I found that I couldn't open my weddingfilm project anymore. In one case the PE7 minimized itself and couldn't be open anymore, in the other case the project opened but gave immidiatly a error message and closed. So I bought PE8 with great expectations. It became a BIG disapointment!!!!

After installing it , I opened my weddingfilm project which was ready for one third of the film (1h30) and continued editing.

I couldn't believe what happened then. Numerous crashes and numerous crash reports filled in !!!.

After lots of lost time and trying under the different W7 and PE8 instalations (3), I managed to end my editing.

I tried to render to DVD......CRASH, tried to render to AVI......CRASH. No more Crash reports comming, maybe they had send a trigger to get rid of me? (sick joke, I know)

I put everything on a external hard disk and went to a friend with W7/64 with Premiere Pro CS4. Imported the PE8 project, changed the missing PE8-transistions into PrPro CS4 ones and finaly rendered it to a AVI file. After I got home, I opened my PE8 project, deleted the video and audio files and imported the new AVI, so I could keep the markers and menu's. This time I could manage to make a DVD without crash, because no more trimming or inserting files.

So finally I finished this dreadfull experience which took me two days of Blood Sweat and Tears. This is really no editing fun!

I checked the forum, looked for this NVidia 3D dll which could be the cause, but despite I downloaded the latest driver for my Geforce 8600, couldn't find it.

I will try now to desactivate this "Adobe Auto Analyser" thing which uses 100 MB, maybe that will help?

No reaction from Adobe despite my numerous Crash reports. Once paid, go to ......

I also don't want to return to Vista or XP 'cause this is my only program which gives problems with W7

I've tried the compatibility modus XP sp3, also didn't help.

To much troubles and job for this prebeta working misfit for which I regret already much the investment..

No help despite numerous crash reports. Shame on you Adobe !!

But what now?

A desperate user.

Grtz from Roald

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8 under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
          Schilfers Level 1

Sorry but but my native language is Dutch, so here is the same message after Spellchecker:

Premiere Elements 8 under Windows 7: CRASH & GO

lean installation of Windows 7 and PE8 on 1 PC Dell Dualcore 4gig ram (W7/64) and 1 PC Microstar Quadcore 6600 4gig ram (W7/64 and W7/32) so on 2 different PC which means three different W7 and PE8. Results the same for all three!!!

Impossible to work with. PE8 crashes all the time.

I have read the forum and saw that I am surely not the only one.

I've also read that Adobe even didn't test this product on W7 (only CS3 and CS4 is mentioned on their Homepage). Are they serious???

In the Crash Report, under the question which Operating system you are using, you even don't find Windows 7, you have to click on "others"

I bought this PE8 by downloading it via Adobe Belgium (Europe) for the price of 100€ which is much more then your  $-price.

I bought it because I was very satisfied about PE7, but after installing it on 2 of my W7, I found that I couldn't open my wedding film project anymore. In one case the PE7 minimized itself and couldn't be open anymore, in the other case the project opened but gave immediately a error message and closed. So I bought PE8 with great expectations. It became a BIG disappointment!!!!

After installing it , I opened my wedding film project which was ready for one third of the film (1h30) and continued editing.

I couldn't believe what happened then. Numerous crashes and numerous crash reports filled in !!!.

After lots of lost time and trying under the different W7 and PE8 installations (3), I managed to end my editing.

I tried to render to DVD......CRASH, tried to render to AVI......CRASH. No more Crash reports coming, maybe they had send a trigger to get rid of me? (sick joke, I know)

I put everything on a external hard disk and went to a friend with W7/64 with Premiere Pro CS4. Imported the PE8 project, changed the missing PE8-transistions into PrPro CS4 ones and finally rendered it to a AVI file. After I got home, I opened my PE8 project, deleted the video and audio files and imported the new AVI, so I could keep the markers and menu's. This time I could manage to make a DVD without crash, because no more trimming or inserting files.

So finally I finished this dreadful experience which took me two days of Blood Sweat and Tears. This is really no editing fun!

I checked the forum, looked for this NVidia 3D dll which could be the cause, but despite I downloaded the latest driver for my Geforce 8600, couldn't find it.

I will try now to deactivate this "Adobe Auto Analyzer" thing which uses 100 MB, maybe that will help?

No reaction from Adobe despite my numerous Crash reports. Once paid, go to ......

I also don't want to return to Vista or XP 'cause this is my only program which gives problems with W7

I've tried the compatibility modus XP sp3, also didn't help.

To much troubles and job for this prebeta working misfit for which I regret already much the investment..

No help despite numerous crash reports. Shame on you Adobe !!

But what now?

A desperate user. 

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8 under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
            jjcamcrew

when you find the answer, please let us all know.  just emerged from 3 days of sheer torture with my windows vista and premiere elements 4 crashing about 100 times.  had to start project over from scratch.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
              Schilfers Level 1

Will do,

By the way, with PE7 and Vista, I never had any problems

Grtz

Roald, Belgium

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8 under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                Schilfers Level 1

Will do.

But I never had any problem with PE7 and Windows Vista

Grtz

Roald

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                  Schilfers Level 1

I have send this message in short (2000 letter signs allowed) to Adobe.

When I submitted, next was a message:

Due to the volume of submissions we receive, responses to inquiries are

generally not possible.

However, we may contact you if we need clarification on your submission

That promisses!!

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                    Kodebuster Level 3

I just check the HP Online Store (www.hpshopping.com),

All of their Desktop PC's are shipping with Win7 and you can purchase PE7 as an add on application.

NONE of their Win7 PC's are currently shipping with PE8.

This tells me that HP has not yet certified and tested any of their current Win7 configurations with PE8. or they did test and are not yet comfortable with what they witnessed.

It also tells me that HP did test and certify their Win7 configs with PE7. This makes sense as the announce date from Adobe for PE8 was way to late for large vendors like HP and Dell to certify for Win7.

HP's policy is simple (and I'm sure Dell does the same), they will not package any third party software for sale with their PC's unless it passes their in house testing.

If you have PE7, you might want to try that with your Win7 system and see if you have a better experience.

This won't solve your PE8 issue, but may help you at least get something running...

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 8 under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                      nealeh Level 5

Schilfers wrote:

I downloaded the latest driver for my Geforce 8600.

You must remove the Nvidia 3D Stereoscopic Driver from Control Panel> Uninstall a program. It is incompatible with PrEl.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                        Schilfers Level 1

Do you think I can Put PE7 and PE8 together in one Windows.

Until now I didn't start a new project in PE8 only opened several PE7 projects.

Always is the first problem that you can not render previews, de red lines stay red!

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                          -Subbi Adobe Employee

* Have you tried disabling the GPU playback option available under "Edit>Preferences>General"

1 person found this helpful
                          • 11. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                            Schilfers Level 1

Geforce 8600 doesn't have this driver.

But thanks for the tip

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                              Schilfers Level 1

Thanks for your reaction

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                                Schilfers Level 1

You can import this project in to Premiere Pro CS4 and continue editing

there.

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                                  -Subbi Adobe Employee

I was refering to the "Edit>Preferences>General" option under the Menu options within Premiere Elements.

EM

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                                    Schilfers Level 1

I found and switched it of.

I imported now *.MOV files for about one hour of SD-film that had to be

converted from NTSC (NTSC 720 p 29.7 f/s) to PAL (720x576 25f/s).

Took 3.5 hrs to render a preview, until now without crash, but of course

there was just a few trimming or inserting. Now it's making a DVD, so far so

good.

So one conclusion already: Never start a PE7 project in a PE8.

Always start with a blanco project

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements under Windows 7: CRASH & GO
                                      -Subbi Adobe Employee

Great! Sounds like you are almost through

1 person found this helpful