• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistent crash of robohelp (version 5.0.2) source file...

Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am updating an existing robohelp source file(version - 5.0.2). After making the changes in all the required topics, I am able to generate a CHM (HTML) successfully, but the source file is corrupted and I am unable to re-open the source file. I tried even in the backup source file, but still i am facing the same problem. I tried to open the error message and it includes lot of numbers, version all other stuff (??). I have attached one of the error messages. Can anyone help me to figure out what is the problem?

Thanks,

Latha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Latha.

I am a little confused. At what point was the error message given? On opening the project? Editing a topic? Also can you confirm where the source files are located (e.g. a network - extremely bad - or local drive - good).

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

The crash occurs, when I re-open my project which is located in my c-drive. I  used the tip (from one of the forum) to delete the CPD file from the folder and I was able to open the source file. I was very happy to see my source file back, but my TOC got lost It is a great pain to recreate the whole TOC. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Latha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

....but where did that error message come from? It is unlike any error message I have seen. Is it some sort of log file?

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow me @robocolumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp