• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust Window Size of a RoboHelp Project in Internet Explorer 7 or 8

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 publishing to WebHelp on XP.

The help system I'm building uses a pop-up window to access the RoboHelp project. When I open the pop-up window in Firefox or Safari, the window size is adjustable by dragging the corners out.

When I open the help system in either Internet Explorer 7 or 8, I am unable to adjust the window size.

Does anyone know if this is something I can fix in RoboHelp?

Thanks for all of your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but your post is a bit on the confusing side. Here's why.

You say that in Firefox or Safari you are able to adjust the size of the window. You say in IE you aren't able to do that. Then you ask if it can be fixed in RoboHelp.

What is confusing is determining whether you WANT the window to be resizable in all browsers or you don't.

Personally, I believe it's all determined by the JavaScript code being used to open the window to begin with. Most likely it's something your developers are doing. Certainly there are some WebHelp window options you may view (Click View > Pods > Project Set up) but the options you define there ONLY apply if you are using the WebHelp API to open your topics. It sounds to me as though your developers simply coded the window to open from there end, but I could be wrong.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I would like the window size to be adjustable.

And I agree, it seems as if this is something controlled by the developers. I'll look through the view options.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We handled this issue outside of RoboHelp.

If anyone else is interested:

This should be completed by the developer who is building the RoboHelp links.

1. Open help.util.js
  2. Go to line 71. This is the line that creates the popup window:
  3. The line should read: var helpWindow = window.open("index.htm" + q + "#" + helpItem, "_HELP", "width=700, height=500, resizable=1, status=0")

The "resizable=1" parameter allows resizing the window. Once resizing is allowed in Internet Explorer, the Status Bar is added by default. The "status=0" parameter removes the Status Bar. The Status Bar parameter might not work because of security issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp