3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2009 4:30 AM by Willam van Weelden

Problems with Mapping / ID

Problemchild1

Hello,

i am new with RoboHelp 8 HTML. I make the output via layout "webhelp".

I want to solve the following problem:

Is it possible to configurate the layout files to get this situation, here an example:

I have one site "index.htm", then to other sites "site1.htm" and "site2.htm. Now i want to have ankers on this both sites,

so when i open the index.htm like this "index.htm#anker2 that this point will direct be shown.

I have tried today many configurations, for example, testing with "RoboHelp_CSH.js", but i was not able start the site

with directly shown the anker.

This is how the file "Test.ali" looks:

This is how the file "WidgetMax.h" looks:

#define anker1 1 #define anker2 2

Can anybody please tell me what steps are necessesary to solve this problem? Is it general possible?

Thanks for any help!

Nice day!

• 1. Re: Problems with Mapping / ID
          Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

Im not sure what you want to accomplish. You say you want to open a file using #. Later you talk about WigetMax.h which suggest you are using map id's. I think you may have file opening, map id's and topic id's mixed up.

Start by reading the article on Peter's site: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

If you have any questions after reading, please post back.

Greet,

Willam

• 2. Re: Problems with Mapping / ID
            Problemchild1 Level 1

Hello,

thanks for your answer. I have read this article more then twice, but unfortunately it didn' t work. I will try to describe my problem more exactly:

We will start the htmlHelp in our application with "F1". In our applcation is an ID given (for example 10).

Now i want to open the help site at this position where the "10" is mapped with!

This part of the article is helpful, but it doesn' t work:

The basics are:

1. In the web page from which you want to call the help topic, add the following to the head section

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="context-WebHelp/RoboHelp_CSH.js">

If the help is being called from an application, your developers will need to implement a similar call.
            2. In the body, your link will look like this

<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "context-WebHelp/startpage.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 10)'>

Our application is not a web page, so where we have to add this

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="context-WebHelp/RoboHelp_CSH.js">

and where this? (I think this has to be the call from our application)

<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "context-WebHelp/startpage.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 10)'>

Thanks for any answers!

Michi

• 3. Re: Problems with Mapping / ID
              Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

You want to call the webhelp, but from a program and not from a web page. The javascript and the a href components are designed for webpages.

In the map %RH install%\CSH API\ you find different files for different programming languages. Use the API that is meant for your program. Your programmers have to make the call.

Greet,

Willam