0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 1:25 PM by SolitonMan

Seamless Install/Badge.swf problem

SolitonMan Level 1

Hello, I'm trying to use the badge.swf file to perform a seamless install via a web page.  I've used the supplied files (default_badge.html and badge.fla) to modify the configuration to meet our needs, and I've reviewed the example article at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/flex/quickstart/seamless_install.html on how this process should work.  Let me say that when viewing the article, I can download the example "Hello World" app with no problems at all.

In my situation, however, I'm getting a Javascript error when I click the badge.swf movie appearing in my web page.  The error doesn't really make sense because, while I've seen the "Object doesn't support this property or method" message before, the location doesn't exist (line 1 character 102).  The relevant air file does download for me even after receiving this message, but for some other users it won't, and since I'm just a developer and not the primary user of this AIR app, that's no good! 

On doing a View Page Source for the above article, I notice that while the article itself states that the badge.swf is included via the AC_FL_RunContent function, in actuality it appears that the movie is being embedded by a mechanism which, to me, is wholly unrecognizable:

<script type="text/javascript">
         // <![CDATA[
           var props = new Object();
           props.swf = "/devnet/air/samples/badge/badge.swf";
           props.id = "flashplayer-marquee";
           props.w = "217";
           props.h = "180";
           props.ver = "9.0.115";
           props.c = "#fff";
           props.wmode= "opaque"; 
           var swfo = new SWFObject( props );
           swfo.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
           swfo.addVariable ("appversion","1.0")
           swfo.addVariable ( "appname", "Hello World" );
           swfo.addVariable ( "appurl", "http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/air/sample_apps/HelloWorld.air" );
                 swfo.addVariable ( "airversion", "1.0" );
                 swfo.addVariable ( "imageurl", "/devnet/air/samples/badge/helloworld.jpg");
           swfo.addVariable ("appid", "helloworld");

registerSWFObject( swfo, "badge" );
          // ]]>
         </script>

I'm pretty clueless as to the whys and wherefores of this block of code.  What I do know is that the download process works just fine in the example article, but for me it's not working correctly.  If anyone has had any experience with this and can shed some light on what I might be doing wrong I'd really appreciate hearing about it.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give.