3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2009 2:36 PM by Harm Millaard

    Finally, after 3 mb's, 2 psu's, 2 sets of ram and 2 cpu's - the system is up!

    nados Level 1

      Hi all,

       

      After almost two months of waiting for rma'd replacement parts, my new NLE is finally up and running!

       

      As it turned out, it was the new processor that went bad - all along. But i feel i need to correct some of my incorrect assumptions in my previous posts regarding the problems getting my new system to work.

       

      My original original problems with the P6T - post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494850?tstart=30 - indicated a bad interrupt controller, unfortunetly, i failed to realize that the hardware diagnosis pointed to the processor. Then i replaced the P6T with two GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5's - post  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/504671?tstart=30.  So, i spent the next two months suffering through constant power cycling and replacing every part until i was left with the processor as the only part that was not replaced.

       

      While there are users out there that had and are having the same symptoms i had with the ASUS P6T and the GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5, in my case, the actual cause was different and not a problem with the motherboards. I did have a few bad sticks of bad ram that caused the mb to not post as well.

       

      Had i properly deduced that the processor was the problem, as the initial hardware diagnosis indicated, i could of saved two months worth of headaches.

       

      Anyway.... I now have the following stable working system:

       

      processor: i7 920

      motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

      ram: 12gb of Crucial DDR3 1333

      graphics: GeForce 9500 GT

      psu: PCP&C 910 watt

      and lots of hard drives.