3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2008 9:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

deleting a frame

Level 7
      I'm familiar with the ability to delete the current frame while in score
      recording mode. But deleteFrame () only seems to delete the frame where the
      playback head sits even if I put a frame number in as a parameter...it seems
      to ignore the parameter. Is there a way to delete a specific frame that is
      not where the playback head is?

Craig

• 1. Re: deleting a frame
          Nanomedia Level 1
          You cannot put a frame number in as a parameter.
          _movie.deleteFrame() deletes the current frame and makes the next frame the new current frame during a Score generation session only.
          • 2. Re: deleting a frame
            UdoGre
            Hi,
            Just an idea: Maybe you can set the updatelock, go to the frame, delete it, and return to your original frame.

Udo
            • 3. Re: deleting a frame
              Level 7
              The problem was that there was some corruption when a cast member was
              deleted before it's representation in the score was deleted. I don't think
              this is a common or typical problem but whenever I put the playback head on
              that frame even with the movie not running, Director would crash so I
              thought deleting the frame using Lingo with the playback head elsewhere
              would work.

As it turns out, I selected the channel in which the suspect sprite resided
              and hit delete and the problem dissappeared. Fortunately there were no
              other sprites in that channel

Thanks for your responses.

Craig

"womp" <lingoforum@wordofmo.com> wrote in message
              news:g5gcub$iio$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > I'm familiar with the ability to delete the current frame while in score
              > recording mode. But deleteFrame () only seems to delete the frame where
              > the playback head sits even if I put a frame number in as a parameter...it
              > seems to ignore the parameter. Is there a way to delete a specific frame
              > that is not where the playback head is?
              >
              > Craig
              >
              >