0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2009 12:14 AM by niroshan_fernandez

air.navigateToURL problem

niroshan_fernandez

Hi guys,

I have a adobe air application which i was written in PHP. Since PHP is a serverside language I could not able to download all the files into the users machine so as a alternative solution what i did was I created a loader page (simple HTML page) and allowed it to sownload into users machine and act as a starting page. inside the loader page i redirect the user to my live site using javascript window.location method. This works perfectly fine.

But now i have issued with AIRAliases.js file. since all the js files are resides in my server i have linked everything using full url (Ex: http://www.myhost.com/js/AIRAliases.js)

But when i link it like that it, the air application doesnt seems to undestand it.

Im saying this because when i try to openup a new window in a browser window using air.navigateToURL it doesnt seems to work.

To test this i created a demo application with one link and first i created the .air file embedding the AIRAliases.js and allowing it to download to client machine. and I link it as,

<script language="javascript" src="AIRAliases.js"></script>

giving local path. Lucky for me this works as a charm.

then i used the same file and remove the embeded AIRAliases.js and recreated the .air file using following path.

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.myhost.com/js/AIRAliases.js"></script>

when i try to run it nothing happened.

My problem is i cannot link AIRAliases.js from users local machine since im using PHP application inside .air installation. How can i link AIRAliases.js file inside my php application inorder to get all the actions available with .air????

If any one has a better idea, all the comments are highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Best regards,

niroshan Fernandez