2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 11:54 PM by SujitG

Using Flex, BlazeDS and MySQL

momills1
      From what I can find on the web, I need to use more than just BlazeDS to get from a Flex application to a MySQL backend... Firstly is that correct, or can BlazeDS handle that directly?
      If not, and I need another layer, then what advantage is there using BlazeDS at all?
      What options are available, from the tutorials I've read, I think I can use java, PHP, and some others that I'm not terribly familiar with.
      I'd be very appreciative if someone could shed some light on this topic and maybe point me in the way of any tutorials that can get me started linking flex to mysql. I've found a few, but haven't had any success with any of them yet.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Using Flex, BlazeDS and MySQL
          SujitG Level 2
          Hi,

BlazeDS alone cannot get you connected to MySQL and do operations on the database. You can try Data Management feature in LiveCycle Data Services (LCDS).

BlazeDS gives you Remoting, which is very powerful and useful, cause it will allow you to invoke Java methods from Flex applications. BlazeDS handles all the serialization and de-serialization of the objects. Its got more.

Hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Using Flex, BlazeDS and MySQL
            SujitG Level 2
            Hi,

This forum category is created for developers who are learning Flex using FLEX IN A WEEK training found at this URL

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/videotraining/

Please use this forum for discussing topics related to FLEX IN A WEEK video training courses only. For any other discussion please use the Flex General Discussion category or any other appropriate category.

Thanks for co-operation and apologies for any inconvenience caused.