This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I'd like to put more than just the document title with a thick black line underneath. I would want to style it in order to match the rest of the visual of the documentation (background, color, date modified, version number, etc.)
After completely formatting your Printed Doc output:
1. Save a copy and rename it something like MyFrontMatter.doc.
2. Strip all content after the TOC.
3. When you generate the next version, generate to something like MyWorkingDoc.doc.
4. Make any formatting tweaks to MyWorkingDoc.doc (page breaks, table widths, etc.).
5. Select All and Copy MyWorkingDoc.doc and Paste it into MyFrontMatter.doc after the TOC.
6. Save as MyPrintedDoc.doc.
7. Update the front page (date, version number, etc.) and the TOC.
This method, while seemingly convoluted, eliminates the need to work with Word templates, which is akin to circling endlessly around three or four outer circles of Hades.
Errr... I think I'll just stick to my method of creating a new topic and updating its custom fields before the generation of the document...